Search This Blog

Friday, 11 March 2011

NATIONAL BEAUTY BLOGGING EVENT 2011

Last week I was one of many UK beauty bloggers to attended the "National Beauty Blogging Event" held at London's Excel.
I don't often get the chance to attend many events held during the day due to work but I made an exception with this on as it was a fab opportunity to attend lots of seminars from beauty industry experts such as Daniel Sandler, Decleor and celebrity & TV MUAs.

The first presentation was held by Daniel Sandler who talked us through how to achieve a fresh and bright complexion. In his makeover Daniel favoured the Clarisonic, Collin resultime moisturiser, Daniel Sandler primer & water based foundation and cream blusher to achieve this look.
We also learnt some tips from clebrity makeup artists, Jackie Tyson who created a "rock chick" look with some key mac products such as construstivist and blackground paint pots complete with some reflects glitter, Jemma Kidd dewy glow and topped it off with red gloss...
There were also presentations given by Carol Churchill (Emmerdale's makeup designer) who talked us through the complications that can arise working on one of the UK's most popular soaps, and Decleor's Fiona Brackenbury who is the brands expert in Aromatherapy.
We also got the chance to meet lots of fantastic brands such as RMK, Naturabisse, Art Deco and Monu to name a few. I came home with a goody bag full of products to try, many of which I am super impressed with and will be reviewing very soon!


The event was held in conjunction with the Professional Beauty 2011 with the chance to visit the exhibition where there were literally hundreds of stands selling all kinds of beauty paraphernalia. It was absolutely heaving, so much so that beautywowza and myself couldn't bear the masses and I only ended up buying one Nubar polish!
The amount of people I saw with paraffin wax melting pots....geez! Seemed like every other person had bought one. 
In hindsight I almost wish I had stayed to have a good look around as I heard there were fab bargains to be had like half price clarisonics (got one already!) and Crown Brushes but the crowds were just too much for me!

All in all it was a fab day out and was lovely to be invited to an event where so many brands were on hand to take the time out to get to know us :) 

Did you attend? What were your highlights? Leave a comment and let me know! 

4 comments:

  1. Half price Clarisonics?!

    Looks like it was an interesting event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like good event, lots of people have been posting about it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went But we didnt get to meet, Hopefully next time x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya hun, I was there! So gutted I didn't get a chance to meet ya! :( Was deffo lovely meeting other bloggers & seeing all the fab brands. Blown away at how generous they were with the goody bags! ;)

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.