Search This Blog

Monday, 4 April 2011

THE SCENT OF SPRING? DEMETER GRASS FRAGRANCE...

With Winter making a slow but final retreat, I've been welcoming the warmer weather with open arms! The warmth of the sun on my face seems like a long lost friend, and along with it comes the inevitable scent of Spring.
Blossoming flowers and the scent of cut grass are two fragrances in particular that really evoke this new season for me. 
Whilst I was in New York last year I came across some Demeter fragrances in a Duane Reade.
Demeter have some funny fragrances like Laundromat, Play Doh, Cannabis Flower and the one I picked up...Grass.
I love the smell of cut grass and I use to LOVE the Grass fragrance Gap use to have. It smelt exactly that...fresh cut grass...yummy!


However, the Demeter one unfortunately doesn't live up to that clean scented goodness. Whilst it does initially have a grassy smell to it, it's middle and base notes are quite synthetic and chemically which is a huge shame :(
I've only worn in once and doubt I'll be wearing it again because of this underlying scent. 
That being said, Lush does a fantastic Grass shower gel (read my review here) which I adore immensely so shall be getting my grass kicks that way ;)


Have you tried the Demeter Fragrances? Which ones would you recommend? Leave a comment and let me know!

2 comments:

  1. They have a 'condensed milk' fragrance which I love! Blows my mind, so creative and unique. Grass,hmm, will have to sniff this one out
    xx emmabovary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to deeply inhale fresh cut grass in the Summer but it would probably kill me due to my near chronic case of hayfever ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.