Search This Blog

Thursday, 9 September 2010

YATTA! I DID IT! TOKYO FISH PEDICURE!


Whilst in Tokyo we did STUPID amounts of walking and my feet definitely took a beating!

By pure chance we stumbled across a Shinjuku spa that offered the infamous "fish pedicure"...I HAD to try it! 


I decided to do a video review...makes a nice change here on Hellcandy no?You can view my first (!) YouTube video here:


THE EXPERIENCE?


It's slightly daunting when you see tons of fish swarming towards you before you've even stuck your feet in the tank. Knowing they are eager to nibble on my feet and tooties suddenly made me feet a bit nervous!

Once I submerged my feet in the tank the initial feeling of having lots of hungry fish feeding off your feet is somewhat freakish, tickly and a tad scary, but after a few minutes I gradually settled myself in for my fishy pedicure.

Check out the photos here:

 I only paid for a 15 minute treatment which cost me £8. In that time the result was really quite amazing. It wasn't enough to rid all the dead skin on my heels but my feet felt so much better for it.

WOULD I RECOMMEND?

Definitely! In fact I will be treating my mum with the pedicure for her birthday next month, booking a pedicure at London's Aqua Sheko. The 45 minute treatment includes a 15 minute foot massage and costs £45. Visit their website here

8 comments:

  1. Yes I've heard about that! Looks weird, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this looks wildly bizarre, and yet the risk taker in me must put this on my bucket list, LOL I've got a lot of dead skin my heels I'd like to lose. Fun blog post. Hope the rest of your stay in Japan is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, trying this again. This looks totally bizarre, and yet the risk taker in me is going to add this to my bucket list. LOL I could stand to lose some rough skin off my heels. But still sorta squeamish about this. LOL Fun and quirky post. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I love the 1st photo yo look a little worried. What a crazy thing to do...I would deffo try this! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Gaby - definitely weird and some what surreal! One of those bizarre things I just had to try :)

    @Monica Burns - Japan was incredible! Didn't have enough time to see everything and was SO hot!
    Definitely give the fish pedi a go...such an odd sensation!

    @Di - When I paid the money and approached the tank I definitely thought "omg what the HECK have I got myself into??" They SEE you coming! But still, once I settled in I really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so cool! I would definitely try it out if i had the chance. Hope you had a great time in Japan :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would LOVE to give this a try one day. I'm doing a quick bounce trip to HK and Tokyo next year, so I'm going to have to remember to give my tootsies a fish pedicure :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeek you are super brave, i am too scared to try this!!xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.