Search This Blog

Wednesday, 18 August 2010

FLYLASHES...A NEW TREND? (WARNING...THIS IS SO GROSS!!!!!)


Bookmark and Share
This is probably the most sickest thing I've seen in a while...*grabs bucket*


A work colleague alerted me to this really rather disturbing piece of art today, and yes, that's a whole bunch of REAL FLY LEGS attached to her lash line!
image source: www.jessicaharrison.co.uk
Created by British artist Jessica Harrison as part of an art exhibition, no flies were harmed during the creation of these lashes. Nope, none. In fact they were already dead when she found them! View her website to see more of her work.

So waddaya think? New 2011 trend in the making? (i joke i joke!) :P

12 comments:

  1. o_O!!! SERIOUSLY?! EWWW! I have a weird phobia of flies so that honestly sounds like the most digusting beauty 'trend' I have heard of yet!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i've seen this some days ago on yahoo news or somewhere...it's so nasty...i dont wanna know what those flies touched prior to their death...yuck!

    http://galadrijella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah I saw this as well a few days ago.... its cool until you know whats on her lashes... haha...
    Maricela
    vividfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. is it hygienic? like in a serious way ? do they sanitize them?? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness this is so freaky! eek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so creepy, more so because they are real fly legs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm an insect enthusiast and even I have to say... yucko. :<

    ReplyDelete
  8. THAT IS DISGUSTING! flies carry so much bacteria and just sticking that near your eye it's GROSS
    not to mention the dead flies make it look like the model doesn't know how to apply mascara properly

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.