So yesterday I got my mitts on the new Chanel "IT" nail polish. I am of course talking about "Paradoxal".
Since it's launch in the UK yesterday this new shade of polish sold out in Selfridges (luxe London department store) in under 3 hours (allegedly) and it's another one of those limited polishes that is causing a little frenzy amongst us beauty lovers!
I first set my eyes on this polish last month when my work colleague had it slapped on her fingernails. She has just come back from NYC and bought the polish on a whim without even knowing the hype over it. So yeah...cause I knew what it looked like, and what it swatched like, I kinda felt like the excitement was a teensy bit lost on this one.
My thoughts on it now I have it?
It's SUCH a unique colour and so difficult to describe. One minute it's grey, then taupe, then a deep murky blue. Unfortunately you only get to see the purple streaks when artificial light is shining directly upon it. See the photos below for examples of what I mean:
Natural light:
With flash:
Natural light:
Paradoxal is definitely a goodie for the Autumn and makes a nice change from my usual Rouge Noir colour of choice. It applies well with three coats giving decent coverage.Have you got it yet? I heard Selfridges will get more in next week and a cheap and cheerful alternative is Models Own "Purple Grey".


Ultra jealous! It looks absolutely stunning.
ReplyDeleteHoping to get my hands on it soon without having to pay insane eBay prices!