I've been tinkering around with this palette for a while now and it's about high time I got this review down!The Frontcover Mermaid Dreams palette is inspired by the ocean. Think lots of greens and blues mixed with earthy tones all grouped together in 20 (!) baked eyeshadows and the looks you can create are endless.
The palette retails for £25 and I have to say for the amount you get it's a steal given the sheer amount of product you get.The domed eyeshadows can be used dry but really come to life when you apply them wet. It really makes the colour all that more vibrant and intense. See swatches below where you can really see the difference. Swatches according to how the colours are laid out in the palette, one swatch dry one swatch wet:
The palette comes complete with Frontcover Shadowline which I have already reviewed here and also a double ended eyeshadow brush which was the one major disappointment to this otherwise fantastic kit. The quality of the brush was just a little bit below average.Size wise it's pretty large, think a teeny bit larger than an Urban Decay Book of Shadows, but transports well and is perfect for holidays, especially seaside ones where you can rock the mermaid look ;)
All in all this is a fabulous kit that's perfect for yourself and perfect as a gift for someone really rather special.
You can buy FrontCover products from larger Boots but you can also visit the Frontcover website here for more info.


Wow, looks like a gorgeous palette, thanks for the swatches :)
ReplyDeleteIt would be great if you could check out my blog sometime,
www.beautymarked24.blogspot.com
xxx
I have this palette and I was quite disappointed with how sheer the shadows apply. They look quite good using the liner, but definitely not shadows for applying without using them wet.x
ReplyDeleteI wanted to buy this palette because I love these colours but I don't rlly know if they fit to "Asian" eyes. Maybe they're too intense. What do you think? =/
ReplyDelete@ s.creamy I wear pretty much every colour under the sun so these colours really appeal to me :)
ReplyDeleteIf you're unsure they have other palettes of the same style with more variety of colour in them.
Hope this helps!
aah okay, I just saw some other palettes on Boots. Didn't know this,thank you =)))
ReplyDelete