I've been very lame with the posts lately as I am officially bunged up and feeling quite sorry for myself with a wretched cold. Really hate that stuffy feeling :(
Anyway...blocked noses aside, tonight I thought I would share with you the new red lipsticks I bought in New York. (Gosh it seems like AGES since I was there) *sniff*
First up it's Kat Von D's "Underage Red".
This looks like a very BRIGHT in your FACE lipstick but don't be scared off! I thought this lipstick would be bolder than my HG red (mac Red) but it is in fact quite a nice matte, flat, crimson red. It doesn't come across as uber pigmented but it does give a nice coat and I think it has pretty damn good staying power too. Horray!Below left to right: Mac Red and Underage Red

Second it's Too Faced "Drop Dead Red".
Oh I love the packaging and the name and that really was enough for me to buy this lipstick!On first appearance this lipstick looks almost brick red, but when you apply it it's a very lovely glossy berry red. I like it! It reminds me of Mac's "So Scarlet" but with less blue tones to it.
Below left to right: Mac So Scarlet and Drop Dead Red:
I did have one other lipstick on my list which was "Red Lizard" by Nars. Unfortunately the Sephora I went to didn't have it in stock which was a mighty shame. Will just have to buy it over here and just ignore how much more Nars costs in the UK!Do you have a favourite red lipstick? I would love to know as I m always on the hunt for more!


Those reds are lovely! I'm a sucker for red lipsticks. Check out Manic Panic's range of red lipsticks - they are gorgeous! x
ReplyDeleteToo Faced Runway Red is also awesome. I actually prefer it over Drop Dead Red for my coloring.
ReplyDelete