Search This Blog

Monday, 26 October 2009

REVIEW: SMASHBOX O-GLOW CHEEK COLOUR

Tonight is another NYC haul review and I'm concentrating on Smashbox's O-Glow Intuitive Cheek Colour.

I've wanted this product for AGES but have always refrained myself as it's pretty expensive here!

Anyway...So I got this as part of a Smashbox Try Me Kit (full review to follow as soon as I've tried all the products!), and I have to say I'm really quite disappointed.

In theory the idea behind this product sounds exciting and intriguing. Here is a snippet of what the official website says:

The first intuitive blush, this clear gel reacts with your personal skin chemistry to turn cheeks the color you blush naturally, in just seconds! O-GLOW works on every skin tone, from the lightest to the darkest, to give everyone a customized flush of color. When applied, your skin's moisture activates the innovative formula, producing a rosy blush that lasts all day. The unique Goji Berry-C Complex™ creates a microcirculatory, skin-energizing effect, while antioxidants like vitamin C, pomegranate seed oil and marine botanicals provide additional healthy-skin benefits. O-GLOW’S revolutionary silicone-based clear gel is easy to blend, preservative and fragrance-free, and glides on smoothly for a healthy, glowing blush that's you, only prettier.

Well, the nailed the silicone bit alright! It's LOADED WITH IT! So much so that the silky powder feeling I'm getting from this product is just a tad un-nerving. It just feels too synthetic and my head screams "pore clogger" whenever I apply this.

Hmmm.

Another thing is I'm really not getting a glowing blush...well ok maybe that's not entirely fair. I'm getting a very SUBTLE HINT of a tint. It's too subtle for me. The boy confirmed that there was indeed no rosiness to my cheeks. Boo :(

I'd swatch it but I sincerely think there is no point. You won't see anything. Well, nothing much anyway.

Maybe this product works better on fairer skin but to be fair they do state that
"works on every skin tone, from the lightest to the darkest, to give everyone a customized flush of color". I think I've got pretty fair skin colouring for my background so I dunno what the results would be for anyone darker.

I'll persevere as I really wanted to give a good review for this product.

Have you tried it? What did you think? I'm curious to know if anyone really rates this and also what your skin tone is.

3 comments:

  1. I got this a while ago and i really want to love it, but it's too bright on my pale skin :( i tried applying less but it still didnt work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have light skin
    and i did not like this
    i really wanted to like it but it just doesn't work well.


    http://sparklemidori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of Almay's intelligent tinted moisturizer or whatever its called, which changes color to match your skin. Looks like this trend is a bit of a dud huh?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.