Search This Blog

Tuesday, 13 October 2009

REVIEW: MAC VOLCANIC ASH EXFOLIATOR


Hey everyone! Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

I know I promised a mass load of posts about my NYC stuff but I am still sifting through and trying everything...quite a bit to review! I think I might cave in and do a "haul" video on YouTube or something *ponders some more*.

Anyway, tonight I thought I would review the Mac Volcanic Ash Exfoliator.
I was really excited when I got to NYC as Style Black was already out (we get new releases later in the UK)...so was fab to see the products that little bit earlier.

I've heard lots of RAVE reviews about this exfoliator from it's first release but never bothered to try it. When I heard it was coming out again I decided I HAD to. Hey! The reviews RAVED HARD about this one!

So yes, I bought it.

But what do I think?

Well...I've only used it a handful of times since it's purchase. It smells reasonably nice and it does the job of sloughing off the dead skin cells.

I love the fact that it's not a weakling. You know those scrubs that claim to exfoliate and instead feel like they are doing absolutely NOTHING?
Not this one. Oh no! It gives a good thorough scrub thankscto it's medium grit texture and leaves the skin feeling super smooth. I can definitely feel a big difference.

All that being said...I cannot help but think that cheaper alternatives such as Lush's Hells Angels (an exfoliator with coal no less!) and even cheaper alternatives such as Baking Soda; seem to do the job just as nicely. Maybe even better if I were to go with the soda. Am throughly impressed with this household item!

The Mac exfoliator retails at £13.50. If your curious and read the reviews, try it. But if you're unsure about splashing the cash...then "save it", is my opinion.

What does everyone else think? Have you tried this product and did you like it? Let me know!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not impressed with this product at all. My clinique exfoliator is 100 times better. I have a back up of this too which I'll probably sell on ebay. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dying to read a review on this product, so thanks a bunch. Now I can stop drooling over it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review
    i also bought this and was going to do a review soon on my blog.

    im a new follower and love your blog.

    http://sparklemidori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.