Search This Blog

Tuesday, 6 October 2009

SEPHORA'S BEAUTY BLENDER DUPE!


Apologies for the slight silence since my arrival home from NYC. Have literally gone from having the absolute time of my life to being slapped in the face with a concrete slab. Yeah...not very nice so let's not dwell!

I'm pretty excited about tonight's post!

As you know I am currently making my way through mounds of make up all hauled back from NYC, and tonight I want to tell you about Sephora's Precision Sponge applicator. Ooooo!

I really wanted to get the Beauty Blender, which is the original egg shaped sponge applicator. Unfortunately Sephora only stocks this online. BUT..they did have their "own" version, which I duly bought and marveled at, and couldn't wait to try out!

So what's the dealio?

Well, the egg shape of this sponge is suppose to give you a flawless finish. Because you stipple your foundation on with this instead of drag or paint, the finish you get is much smoother. I use the base of the egg to apply my foundation over my face and use the tip for areas such as around the eyes or on blemishes.


Does it live up to the hype?

Hmmm...well I don't know how it differs to the original "beauty blender" but I can say I am completely hooked on it! I really love it. It makes my MUFE HD foundation look fab and I'm not using any more foundation than usual either.

My only gripe with it is that I can see it might be an absolute arse to clean...ho hum!

If you're in the UK, you can purchase the original Beauty Blender here

4 comments:

  1. I picked up the Sonia Kashuk one in Target when I was there in April and I love it! It definately does give a much nicer finish than a brush! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this "dupe" and while it did give a nicer finish it was a bit hard to hold. I much prefer the beauty blender.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if you would have actually tried Beautyblender before touting the benefits of this imposter you WOULD know the difference! I have purchased both and there is no comparison to the Original Beautyblender! The Beautyblender is softer leaving a better finish and the company actually gives you a way to keep it clean and sanitary. I am sick of Sephora stealing successful products and then not making them as good! With all of they're resources can't they come up with their own innovative products?Its too small and too hard and looks like a lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyone done a 1/2 face of foundation with this sponge, and 1/2 face with a normal foundation or stippler brush? I'd love to see if the hype lives up to something substantial.

    http://clearlybeautiful.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.