Search This Blog

Friday, 9 April 2010

THE CULLEN EFFECT?REVLON PHOTOREADY REVIEW!

I have been waiting to try out this new foundation my Revlon for an AGE!
There has been much hype over this product from our fellow across-the-pond-bloggers so it's high time and ABOUT time that I got to see what all the fuss was about :)

The first thing I noticed about this product was that it was quite difficult for me to match a suitable colour. I didn't find one to happily match my NC25/30 skin so settled for the shade "004 Nude". For reference I am the shade "sand" in Revlon's ColourStay foundation (which is a great match!).

Colour aside, the foundation itself is super lightweight. You don't feel like you have anything on which is exactly the kind of foundation I like.

The coverage is definitely medium, so you're going to need concealer to cover any major problem areas and I would highly recommend you set it with a powder too. Just helps it stay in place especially on the t zone.

Now I know you'll be wanting to know about the "glitter effect" everyones been harping on about or what I dubbed in my head after reading the descriptions...the "Cullen effect" ;) . Believe you me, so was I...but you know what? It ain't half that bad! *shrugs* I've been in direct sun and under strong lighting and yes ok there is a bit of a shimmer going on but it's not as tragic as some reviews have made it out to be!

My overall opinion of PhotoReady is that it's definitely a foundation I would purchase again & I think it would be a great lightweight one for the warmer weather we've be overdue...it's got SPF20! If you want to feel like you have no foundation on give this one a try. It doesn't cake or dry. (oooh that rhymed!)

Have you tried this foundation?What did you think of it? Please share!

(This review & all others is based on my own personal & honest opinion, I do not do paid reviews. Thank you to Revlon for sending me PhotoReady to review!)

8 comments:

  1. i heard good reviews for the products itself too, but seems the only downfall is the shade, as i found it difficult to match too, while the colour match one is perfect for me as well.
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm it sounds good to me, but i can't find my shade at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the UK and got the shade 008 in a swap as they didn't have this one in my local Boots or Superdrug (they do now). I love it - the shade is a much better match then Colorstay and it kind of softens imperfections. I like the creamy texture and the shimmer does not bother me as it stops my face looking dull and is not really noticeable. I have noticed my blush lasts better as well. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this foundation - I wasn't expecting to as I usually like heavier duty ones (like ColourStay), but I've already taken advantage of the Boots £2 off Revlon vouchers to get a backup!

    missyellieuk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for a new cheap foundation. I have colour stay already I may try this one especially as it's lighter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not tried to find a shade match, and now I wonder if I'll even be able to find one =/ I have notoriously hard to match skin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive been using this for a few days now and i love it :) The shimmers don't bother me, Ive even asked people if my face is glittery and they said noo! By far one of if not the best fiundation ive used :)

    I Think the shimmers make this unique and rather special :) and the spf 20 is an added bonus too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you think that the shimmer in the foundation is visible enough that it accentuates oily skin? I've been dying to try this foundation but I'm not sure if it will be too much for my oily skin.

    willworkformakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.