Search This Blog

Tuesday, 20 April 2010

REVIEW: SLEEK MAKE UP KAJAL

I was recently sent the new kajal eyeliner from the lovely folk at Sleek make up and couldn't wait to try it out!

The packaging is adorable. A cute little lipstick like tube with a matte finish and little ribbon tassle. Reminds me of one of the Hard Candy lipsticks. Cute!

The kajal itself applies really smoothly. Its super soft so you won't scratch your eyes with this!YAY!

You also don't need a sharpener for this product. Just make sure you apply it at an angle to keep the point relatively...erm...pointy.

However, I have to disagree with the claims on the box that this product is "highly pigmented and long lasting".
Am sad to say that I don't really think it is.

When I think of kajal I think of deep intense black as black eyeliner.
The Sleek kajal just doesn't have that intensity I was hoping for with the shade "nocturnal black" instead being quite a soft black.
It's pigmented alright but it's not the dark dark of say a kohl like "feline" by Mac.

The box also states that you can smudge it to create an eyeshadow look which I tried but it just doesn't last. You just have to make sure you use an eyeshadow base and set it with some powder to prevent it creasing and smearing.

All in all it's nice to see more kajals readily available in the cosmetic aisles and I look forward to seeing what Sleek Make Up bring out next!

The Sleek Make Up Kajal is available in 2 shades, Odyssey and Noctural Black for the bargain price of £3.99 each.

Click here to read more on the Sleek website

4 comments:

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.