Search This Blog

Thursday, 22 April 2010

REVLON'S CHERRIES IN THE SNOW...A HISTORY

If you've been reading my blog since the beginning then you will know that I was desperately trying to hunt down Revlon's "Cherries in the Snow" last year.

Revlon kindly sent me the press release for Cherries in the Snow and I thought I would share with you a little big of history about this cult classic.

The original Cherries in the Snow was launched in 1953 featuring the iconic advertisement which featured one of the world’s first supermodels Dorian Leigh. It captivated the 1950’s housewife with the fantasy of opulence and escapism from everyday domesticity.

So whilst it wasn't actually a World War red (am going to have to go back to researching that one)...it was a cult best seller during the 1950s.

The nail polish, which I also have (and will swatch in a future NOTD) was also the original classic polish :)

If you haven't got your mitts on Cherries in the Snow yet...nows the perfect time. It's one of my favourite shades for the summer!




2 comments:

  1. I have the lipstick and adore it, it was one of the first lippies i ever had (i stole it from my Mum when i was about 12) and it's such a gorgeous pinky red. And what a beautiful old advert, i adore ads from the 50s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this color. I wear this and also Love That Red - both colors that my grandmother has worn for years and years. I used to love finding her lipstick printed tissues in her purse when I would plunder for gum. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.