Search This Blog

Tuesday, 11 May 2010

NEW YORK WISHLIST...RECOMMENDATIONS WANTED!

*photo above by me*

If you follow me on Twitter you will know that I am heading to NYC this month as part of my job...exciting!

My ticket got confirmed today and whilst I doubt I will get more than an hour of free time (meetings & exhibitions to attend aplenty!) I will hopefully get to visit a Sephora and a few drugstores at some point during my 3 days there (fingers crossed!).

So...whilst free time is going to be super rare, I thought I would conduct a small wishlist of things I would like to get...

1) Clarisonic Mia
I've read good and bad reviews on this. Am willing to give it a go as I've got congested skin on my chin and hope that this will help clear my skin up a bit...

2) Brow Kit
I really want to invest in a brow kit after seeing my work colleague rave about groomed eyebrows. Might get the Benefit one but if anyone can recommend a goody please let me know!

3) Tarte
EmphasEYE Waterproof Clay Shadow / Liner
I love my Mac blacktrack but it has a tendency to leave black smudges in the bottom corners of my eyes, despite only lining the top...
I'm very curious about this product and hope it's a winner...having said that might get the MUFE waterproof one...which is better anyone?

4) Tarte
MultiplEYE Clinically-Proven Lash Enhancing Waterproof Mascara
526% volume increase? Dubious indeed. Am game!

5) Rapidlash
because I can't be arsed waiting on a Boots waiting list...yawn!

6) Nars
Anything. It's SO much cheaper than UK prices!

7) NAIL POLISH!
I LOVE buying polish in the States...more variety than over here by far.

8)Laura Mercier secret camouflage concealer
Again, cheaper in US than UK. Never tried it...hope it lives up to expectations!

Hmmm...am sure there is a hell of a lot more that I could easily add to this list..but for now these are the main things I am after. Also want to check out MUFE for my usual (smokey lash stock up)
Really need to rattle my brain and make a complete list and get organised...

Are there any Stateside product you would recommend I try? Any NYC beauty stores I should try and visit?

PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

4 comments:

  1. If you do get time to shop I love Macy's department store, don't forget to head to the customer services counter before you start and pick up the tourist discount card. I swear by the Clarins brow kit, if you get chance to go to Sephora then pick up some of the new TokiDoki makeup it is meant to be really good and the also have the Kat Von D palettes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brow kit I have is Urban Decay, which I love because of the range of shades which includes ginger snaps which is great for redheads like me! A lot of brands just do shades of brown which are too dark on me. Also the box is really cute and small

    Hope you do get some shopping time! Have fun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the skin stuff you should get some Mario Badescu products :) I have the drying cream and it's working like magic so far (and this is coming from someone who never has nice skin).

    Oh and maybe the Anastasia brow kit? I hear good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey if you are going to NYC you HAVE to hit Ricky's. It's the most amazing drug store in the history of drug stores and they have locations everywhere! You will NOT be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.