Search This Blog

Tuesday, 25 May 2010

REVIEW: TOPSHOP MAKE UP

Sorry for the delay in getting these swatches up! Been so busy last few weeks what with being in NYC and then playing catch up and battling jetlag!

Here is a quick round up of the Topshop make up I recently bought...
"The Big Easy" nail polish.
Absolutely LOVE this blue. It's such a pretty and unique shade. I'm not a huge fan of blue polish but this oen really appealed to me:

"Big Smoke" nail polish.
This one looks better in the bottle than on the nails...in fact...it really doesn't do it for me...there are far better beigy taupes available me thinks:
Cream blush in "Nutmeg".
The blushes are definitely a bargain find at £6 each. I opted for a blush out of my comfort zone, often favouring pinks and peaches as oppose to this neutral soft pink. Nutmeg pleasantly surprised me giving me a lovely natural flush:

"Brighton Rock" lipstick.
The lipsticks...could be priced a bit cheaper me thinks! At £8 each I wsn't going to get one but then this lovely matte pink caught my attention and it really is a wonderful shade for the Summer.
I also bought the lip stain in "Bitten Berry" but I've accidentally deleted the swatch! Will have to review that another time but it definitely is one of my favourite purchases from the range.

Overall I am happy with my purchases from Topshop make up and I was particularly impressed to see that it was made in Italy.
However, the prices of a few products, namely the lipstick put me off buying more.

What are your impressions of the Topshop make up? I'd love to know!



*update* click here to view swatches of the cream eyeshadows

5 comments:

  1. The lipstick and cream blush look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing what a difference lashes make to your face… I started using Revitalash last March and I get comments all the time. People say my eyes look more beautiful and I look more awake or they aren’t sure what is different but they know I look good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly sexy. That's how I described myself if I use RevitaLash brow and match it with their mascara too.. Perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @michelle & @hannahborgs

    Are you the same person or do you both work for Revitalash? Just seems odd to get 2 comments (not including the 3rd I didn't approve) about said product on a blog post that's not about eyelashes :)

    If you'd like me to review Revitalash on this blog please email me instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will the lash growth serum companies please stop leaving spam on my blog?

    MAXIMUMLASH & REVITALASH I'm looking at YOU.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.