Search This Blog

Wednesday, 28 January 2009

ESSENTIAL MAKE UP BRUSHES














This week has been a bit of a hectic one so I apologise for the lack of blogs this week in advance. I've barely had any time to myself and today I was suppose to be going to Bikram Yoga but thankfully my best friend pulled out!

SO today I thought I would write about make up brushes.

I know there are a lots of you out there who know your 222 from your 208 but am sure there are are also those of you out there who don't!

I'm a very big fan of make up brushes...perhaps it's my art background where a Windsor & Newton brush was always the better bet from your standard WH Smith one...*ponders*

Same goes with make up brushes. A good quality brush makes all the difference in your final masterpiece!There are a ton of brushes out there and it can be overwhelming but my preference is of course Mac brushes! I know some might argue that Shu Uemura make the absolute BEST brushes but I bought a few on a trip to Japan and whilst I love them I wouldn't buy them here in the UK because they are SO expensive!

Anyway I am trying to keep this list down to about 5 because brushes do cost a bomb and whilst there are brushes for this and that...I think the following are the absolute for a staple collection.

1)Eye Shading Brush (round shaped) Mac number 239
This
is perfect for just loading eyeshadow onto the lid, blends wonderfully and great to use wet with a mixing medium...


2)Tapered Blendi
ng Brush Mac number 222
Perfect for blen
ding in the crease, blending two colours together, super soft and an absolute must for smokey eyes...


3)Kabuki Brush
I own two, a Bobbi Brown one which I was given...it's a staple item for anyone using powder foundation i.e mineral.
I also have a MUFE one for my HD powder. It's super soft but so flipping expensive. Am sure there are cheaper alternatives out there!

4)Angled Eyeliner Brush Mac number 208
This is a ve
ry soft brush perfect for using with gel eyeliners like Fluid Line by Mac. Definitely worth every penny as it makes applying eyeliner so much easier and the texture and feel is so superior over cheaper, harsher, I'm-going-to scratch-your-eyes-out types....

5)PENCIL BRUSH Mac number 219
Please, if you are going to do smokey eyes....get this. Those spongy ones are NOT worth it. In the long run if you want smouldering, delicious, come-to-bed eyes then a 219 is definitely for you. I use it to smudge my eyeliner on my lower lash line and I also use it for "highlighting" the inner corners of your eyes to make them bright and perky! I love pencil brushes so much I have several on the go as they are so versatile.

Click here to visit the Mac Store

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh i totally agree with you, i own almost all of those!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.