Ok...So one of my New Year's resolutions (the shallower one), was to try and pay my hair a bit more attention than it's use to...i.e BRUSH it and just pamper it and appreciate that considering it's so so long, it's actually in a semi good condition for it's age!First off a heads up on my hair.
It's long...way past my shoulders but not yet at my waist.
I also have a weakness for dying it...red...any shade of red, and as many of you may know...red is probably the worst colour to dye your hair for maintenance!
So yes...this year I have decided to pay it a little bit more attention.
My new hairdresser has recommended an AMAZING hair dye for me. I don't ever get my hair dyed at the hair dressers...it's just ridiculously expensive and I don't have the time or patience to sit and wait for them to dye it for me. So i confess to being a fan of the bad bad home hair kit and then spend 2 months afterwards trying to re-moisture my hair etc etc.
Anyway...the home hair dying kit I was recommended is called "Naturtint".
You can buy it from this site: www.naturesdream.co.uk
It's free of ammonia so has no horrible smell and it's not tested on animals like most hair dyes.
I admit I was a bit dubious when I tried it but my word! I have never dyed my hair before and have it feel BETTER than before it was dyed. It's SO SO shiny too and I've had plenty of compliments about it which is a big surprise for me. A lady in Top Shop said "WOW your hair! It's amazing. What hair dye is it???!!!"
It's nice to get compliments no?
The deep conditioning treatment you get with it is really moisturing too.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this dye.
So far I have tried "Fire Red" and accidentally "Light Copper Chestnut" which was quite dark to begin with but has turned into a lovely rich warm red.
You can purchase Naturtint from "Holland & Barretts"..click here
If you live in London check out the Wholefoods store as they have a good colour range.
Anyway...if anyone decides to give it a go let me know how it turns out...Hope you like it and just remember. What may work for me might not work for you...but I hope it does all the same!


Hi - found you serendipitously while Googling for where to find a certain shade of Naturtint. I thought I'd mention in case you do want to try for a lighter red, I have good luck mixing colors using two kits. I have enough hair (very long, very thick) that I need two kits anyway when I do it all. I mix a 8g and a 7g for a basic blond (and maintain roots with a single 8g kit), and I'm about to try mixing the 8c with a 8g to try and get a strawberry. My natural hair color was strawberry before it started going white, so I'm finding I miss it with just the golden blond, pretty as it is. Good luck!
ReplyDelete