I remember trying to copy her style and tottering off to Boots to purchase Urban Decay's "Polyester Bride". It was the best I could do with my part time student wages :)
Anyway...SO yes...I have been in love with glitter for as long as I can remember and I've tried everything including the Urban Decay glitter eye liners (eeep!Made my eyelashes fall out from everyday use) and thought I would let you know which ones I have been most impressed with.
First up and best out there has to be the Mac Glitter. I'm talking about the "reflects" range...OH my golly gosh! If your experience with glitter has been that it's harsh and doesn't stick to the skin then get your mitts on some of these babies! They are perfect for adding some twinkle and I especially love "Reflects Very Pink", "Reflects Gold" and "Reflects Teal".
I use mine mostly for my eyelids but they also work really well over lipgloss, esp the Reflects Very Pink!
To get it to stay in place I use something tacky, I use a Pop Beauty Glam Jam shimmer (was useless as a shimmer as it had no pigment in but perfect for sticking glitter!) and dab it gently to the area I want to stick the glitter to. Wait a few minutes and then dab the sparkle on with my finger tips.
The one thing about Mac Glitter is that it's around £11 a pot and you can only get it from a Mac Pro store unless they are doing a special in the standard stores. You can get Reflects Teal in any mac store right now as it's part of the CHILL range and limited edition. I HIGHLY recommend this product. Go get!
I LOVE their glitter set. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. What's even better is the price. I bought my set in Top Shop when they use to have a stall there but you can get it from ASOS here for £11.75. You get 10 small glitter tubes which will last you FOREVER. Whilst they are more obvious glitter colours they are still fantastic. I especially love the fushia colour as it's very similar to Mac's Reflects Very Pink.
I think I might do a tutorial over the weekend on what I can do with this kit to give you a bit of an idea...maybe? I haven't even edited the first video I did yet!
Anyway POP website is here (I have no idea why the set is £24! on here)
Find your closest Mac Pro store here (They might do mail order not sure. I always like to visit them)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.