Search This Blog

Thursday, 22 January 2009

WINTER WONDERS

So it looks like this cold miserable weather is going to be sticking around for some time. *grumble*

Unfortunately this is not good news for skin and hair (especially of the long variety) so I thought I would make a short blog on my favourite must have items to get through the cold chapping weather!

1) Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate (£16.50 for 10ml)
This smell is incredible. It's like a divine elixir for the skin. High in vitamin E which is derived from Rose Hips, it's perfect for giving your regular moisturiser a helping hand and great for softening and nourishing the skin. You basically roll it onto a clean face and then massage the oil in before applying your regular moisturiser. I use this at night for a delicious treatment.
visit the website here

2) Estee Lauder Day Wear Plus (£29.36)
I have been using this moisturiser for about 10 years (OMG!!!) I'm 29 for those of you who are nosey. I've never been one to stick to a product as I am far too flippant when it comes to new releases, but as my skin is quite sensitive I've stuck to this as it's perfect for me. Smells yummy too.click here

3) Carmex lip balm (£2.60)
An oldy but a goody...and cheap and cheerful too! Sod 8 Hour Cream, this is the business if you want to tackle chapped lips and keep them kissable.
Website here

4) Chi Silk Infusion (approx £8 from Sallys)
I love this serum because not only is it light and non sticky, it makes your hair feel incredible. There's something about sealing your locks with a barrier against the cold weather that I really like...if I don't use this in the cold my hair is a mess :(

5) Waitrose Baby Bottom Balm (approx £2.50)
I read about this in a magazine a while ago about how lot's of women were using this as a moisturiser. Hmmm it's a bit too much like a balm emollient to me so I can't say what it's like as a face moisturiser. BUT! I can say that it's a wonderful hand cream.

6) Pied de Pepper from Lush (£6.12)
This stuff smells amazing! It's like chocolate cinnamon and it's warming for your tootsies too. I love this so much that I slather it on as a hand cream and spend the rest of the day sniffing my hands like a weirdo...website here

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.