Search This Blog

Monday, 21 December 2009

HG MASCARA FOUND! (attention those with straight lashes!)


If you've been following my blog/twitter for a while you will know that I have been putting a bazillion mascaras through the trials...with every single one of them failing.

The closest I got to being reasonably happy was Gosh's "Lift N Shape" waterproof mascara. It was clump free and it kept a curl...it just didn't seem dense enough.

I wanted thicker, fuller, curlier and longer looking lashes! Doesn't every girl want that?

Now my problem is that I have super straight lashes. It's really quite frustrating. They are the kind of lashes that get weighed down with pretty much ALL mascaras. I will curl them, then I will apply my mascara, and sure enough the mascara uncurls them, straightens them and weighs them down!

The only way I tend to keep a curl is if I use waterproof mascara but I've never found one that seems to do everything I want.

That is until now...

Whilst in NYC earlier this year I picked up Make Up Forever's "Aqua Smokey Lash" and OMGOSH!!! (MUFE is pretty difficult to obtain here in London. I go to P.A.M during my lunch breaks as it's near my work but they don't stock everything in the range. I think it's just about the only place I know in London that stocks MUFE.)

This mascara is AMAZING! The first time I applied it was in our hotel room in NYC and I literally squealed with excitement and declared to the boy that he simply MUST examine my lashes! Unfortunately he didn't share in my gleefulness...but you I am sure will! (if you suffer from the same lash conditions that I do then you DEFINITELY WILL!)

Check out the photos below:

1)my left eye without mascara
2) my right eye with mascara:
BIG DIFFERENCE EH?:P

I'll do a follow on to this with a post showing you what my lashes normally look like with mascara very soon.

3 comments:

  1. ooo! Im going to have to try this one! Great post and your lashes look fabulous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. That's really pretty good it seems. How many coats that you put on? Does it hold the curl nicely?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice,

    The photo above is with two coats only :)

    It DEFINITELY holds the curl all day. I curl my lashes with a heated curler beforehand too.
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.