Search This Blog

Tuesday, 23 February 2010

CHANEL PARTICULIERE VS OPI YOU DON'T KNOW JACQUES!

Chanel's kick started 2010 with another highly sought after limited edition "IT" shade. I am of course talking about "Particuliere"!

All the glossies and papers have been buzzing about so I pretty much wrote this off as another elusive polish I'd probably never get to see, let alone purchase.

However, I found this polish extremely easy to find!

It was EVERYWHERE two weeks ago...not so sure about now but yeah...big shame Jade wasn't as easy to find :(

Anyway...I've read around that folk are comparing it to OPI's "You Don't Know Jacques" which is one of my absolute favourite shades from OPI.

Soooo...for reference...here they are side by side (daylight shot):

Particuliere (index and ring finger), You Don't know Jacques (middle and little finger).

YDKJ is a little bit murkier...

Not exact, but not far off!

And...just for the sake of it...here is a comparison shot of all the usual taupes:

Left to right: Call Your Mother, Cool Reserve, Particuliere, You Don't Know Jacques!, Metro Chic

I've had a lot of compliments and I mean a LOT (!) since adorning my nails with Particuliere. All from people who haven't even heard of this "it" shade.

Still...I think I have to say my favourite taupes are Mac's "Cool Reserve" and I heart "You Don't Know Jacques!" big time.

What's your favourite taupe? Do you even like this shade?

Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I like that the Chanel is a little cooler. I'm wondering how it compares to Metro Chic which I'm debating at the moment. I also have Essie Mink Muffs which is definitely taupe as well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.