Search This Blog

Tuesday, 9 February 2010

COULD ILLAMASQUA'S BOX LIPSTICK BE THE NEW HOLY GRAIL OF REDS?

So I think it's safe to say that I am a big lover of RED lipsticks. I heart them, I ABSOLUTELY adore them...I will always be tempted to buy more despite the fact that I already have enough to last me into OAP status!

Such was the case last week when I was in Selfridges last week and just HAD to ask one of the sales assistant there what shade of red lippy she was wearing.

The answer?

Illamasqua's "Box" red lipstick.

*deep breath*

This is simply stunning.

Try as I might to not make another purchase so close after IMTAS, I lasted ooo 2 days before caving in and making an order on ASOS.com, using my 20% discount of course!

It arrived a few days later and I am so ridiculously in love.

I've drank tea, ate my lunch, yappered away and it still goes strong. This lipstick has some serious staying power which I am very much impressed with.

It's a fabulous matte and is a lovely deep scarlet, but let the photos speak for themselves! Check it out:

My only gripe with my purchase was that the lipstick wasn't as polished and sleek as I felt it should be. For a retail price of £14 I thought the finish on this lipstick would be better as it had lines across it, one side of the lipstick was grainy and the other side was smooth...

Having said that though, my other Illamasqua lipstick was fine so perhaps this is a one off.

If Russian Red didn't live up to your expectations I would seriously recommend you check this bad boy out. Think old Hollywood movies, scarves wrapped over your hair, leather driving gloves, pin curls and liquid eyeliner and you have the perfect partner in this lipstick.

A truly gorgeous red!


Click here to visit the Illamasqua website

*update* for reference...my original HG red lippy is MAC Red ;)

4 comments:

  1. WANT. So much.

    Maybe you got a bad batch, with the graininess and all :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! You made me want it! I always love your posts on red lippy and they always influence my spending!! Excellent post!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @SilhouetteScreams Yeah am thinking I did...it's still a beautiful shade though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @loveaudrey aw thanks so nice of you to say! I sometimes wonder if everyone might be a bit tired of my obsessive red lippy love so your comment means a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.