Search This Blog

Wednesday, 24 February 2010

REVIEW: BENEFIT SOME KIND A GORGEOUS

Can you guess from the title what product I am reviewing tonight? I guess the photos give it away hey! 

Aye...I would like to discuss Benefit's "Some Kind of Gorgeous". I bought this just after Xmas as part of the "Sexy Starlet" gift set which I managed to nab at HQ Hair for £34 in the sale...bargain! The set also included Coralista (main reason for purchasing!) and Bad Gal mascara. 

Anyway...so yes...Some Kinda wasn't something I was naturally drawn to, this is mostly due to the fact that it's only available in two shades ...light and dark. Hmmmm! I also was put off by the hefty price tag, £21.50.

Anyway...so yes...it came in my set and I've given it a few goes and I'm not sure I really like it. For reference my skin is combination...right now it's slightly drier than usual with a slightly oily t-zone. 

You're suppose to apply this foundation with the sponge provided but I found that the sponge just wanted to EAT the foundation and was in no way prepared to fully offload it onto my face. I found using a foundation brush much better. I found it seemed to just "sit" on my skin and whenever I touched my face I could feel it there...like a little film of foundation. I also didn't like that it made my skin feel greasy. It fact, it quite liked to slide around like it hadn't properly set. I'll just take this opportunity to remind you that we are still in a very cold Winter here in the UK so this product in the Summer or hot climates...*trails off sentence* 

It's a bit of a disappointment for me am afraid. The coverage is pretty good at evening out the skin...a medium coverage I'd say, so expect any freckles etc to still show through. The formula is a solid so it's perfect for carrying around in my bag for emergencies. No risk of spilling foundation all over the bus! Plus I absolutely ADORE the packaging! So cute and makes showing off your make up fun :) 

So yes...some good things to say...mostly not so though which makes me sad. I love Benefit when they get it right and I'll keep going with this...but unfortunately, based on the few tries I have already done with this product I just don't think we are going to be BFFs...

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree! It does just sit on your skin and makes your face feel a bit...odd! I was lured in by the packaging and was just left a bit disappointed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Concealers & foundation I can't have from Benefit they're always too of a darker shade for me. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ew this sounds gross :( I guess I'll stay away from it. I live in a mega hot country AND have oily ass skin, so this would be horrible for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes yes!! I was going to include this in my post on 5 things I'd never buy again but couldn't for the life of me remember its name! I've always thought it was just my skin being stupid, but I've always found it to leave a weird greasy layer too. It never sets. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments gals!

    It's such a HUGE shame as I really wanted to fall in love with this product. In theory it works wonders in my head but when it comes to actually pulling it off...ho hum!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.