Search This Blog

Sunday, 27 June 2010

BEAUTY PRODUCT MARKETING FAIL

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the lack of posts the last few days. I was in Paris for work. Unfortunately didn't get to see hardly anything of the city but it was nice to see what I did (no time for make up shopping *sniff*)

Tonight's a bit of a rant...

I love receiving comments on my blog posts, but lately I have been getting porn (as I blogged about) and more recently it has been product plugging.

That's all cool and everything, it is a beauty blog after all. But I have been getting a steady stream of comments from "people" raving about the miracle wonders of a certain lash serum.

I accepted a few until I noticed that it seemed like the PR & marketing team were the ones behind it (similar tactics to music street teaming).

PLUS...the obvious giveaway is when you start getting comments about THE product for posts that have absolutely nothing to do with lash growth products...

I dunno...here are the examples for you to ponder over:

"I recently got eyelash extensions. One eye is doing well, the other eye is losing eyelashes. I started using ********* and have definitely noticed longer lashes.But the seem so light and soft textured. I love it!"

"Hi Timmy! I have been using ******** too for almost a year now and not encountered any discomforts of irritations. I just noticed my lashes enhancing naturally fuller, thicker and stronger. One thing I found out when I surfed their site, I was really impressed with how the care for cancer patients. Give it a try. I love ********.I have not tried other brand. What can you claim on other brands?"


"Woaah! Many of us here are really experiencing how amazing ********* is! Well to share, I am so thankful to this ******** eyelash conditioner. It really made my brittle lashes naturally looking fuller, darker and healthier. Great product!"


"Perfectly sexy. That's how I described myself if I use ********* brow and match it with their mascara too.. Perfect combination!"


"It is amazing what a difference lashes make to your face… I started using ********** last March and I get comments all the time. People say my eyes look more beautiful and I look more awake or they aren’t sure what is different but they know I look good!!"

"I too suggest that you try ********* and see the difference.I have tried other products and only ********* gave me these amazing results. I don't know about falling lashes, I too read a lot of reviews and never came cross such".

.................

So yeah! Apologies if these are real comments but they made me a bit suspicious (profiles said joined this month or were not viewable). Don't ask me who the hell Timmy is, there wasn't a lot of people raving about said product already & don't even get me started on the cancer patients bit.

Also...may I also point out that I have never once mentioned this particular product in a blog post so yeah...
It all smells like a PR campaign gone OTT & makes me question whether the said product actually works given all this questionable plugging.

I just think if your product truly is incredible then the genuine comments and feedback should speak the volumes for you. If you genuinely believe in the product you are selling and want to see blog coverage on it, heck send the item in for a review. If it's as good as you claim it is then you shouldn't have a problem.
I just don't like all this suspiciously over inflated kudos that's happening.

GAH! Has anyone else had this kind of marketing fail spam all over their blog? If so I want to know about it! Leave a comment and share yours with me...and I swear if I get another dodgy plugging comment to THIS post...heck you're asking for it. If you're that daft I'll frikking well publish it for you...and you KNOW who you are!



Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Oh no can't beleive your still getting them :( They really need to back off and stop! what are they acheving seriously!! I hope they stop soon as I can see how much they annoy you (they would me to) lets hope they get the message now!!


    Nicola xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god how annoying! I think i've got one of those sort of comments, but this is just ridiculous! At least they're vaguely amusing, eh Timmy? :P

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.