Search This Blog

Wednesday, 2 June 2010

SUPER SUMMERY LIP GLOSSES!

Revlon have really gone down the pastel path this Spring/Summer (yay!) with gorgeous pastel nail polishes and these delicious Super Lustrous Lipglosses which I was kindly sent:

Left to Right: Firecracker, Lilac Pastelle, Peach Petal

I'm not a huge lipgloss lass, favouring lipsticks any day...but that aside, I have grown quite attached to "Peach Petal". Its just a really nice creamy nude that works very well with my skintone. It's very flattering and compliments any type of eye make up incredibly well.

Firecracker is a subtle orange red...a lovely one for summer when red matte lipsticks might have to take a back seat for a bit!

Lilac Pastelle...I was so drawn to this colour but I don't think it works with my skintone...boo. It is a lovely creamy lilac that would definitely suit paler and cooler skintones.

Swatches below don't really do them justice but hope they give you a general idea:
What I really like about these glosses is the fact that these lipglosses have no taste or scent.
I think with glosses, taste and scent can be such a deal maker/breaker.
I personally deteste those sweet sugar laced ones...yuck!

I also love that they are not "tacky"...as in sticks your lips together. Another thing that normally grates me with lipglosses!

All in all I have been really impressed with Revlon lately. The colours they have brought out have been right up my alley and I heart my "Minted" nail polish SO SO much.
As a brand I really think they have brought out some really lovely affordable colours this year.

Revlon products are currently 3 for 2 at Boots so check these out if you get the chance, and if you already have them...what do you think of them?

I cannot WAIT to tell you all about the new lipsticks I was also sent (SO SO good!) and also the scented nail polish which I bought in NYC recently.

Watch this space lovelies!


2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you found they have no scent or taste, to me they were a dead ringer for cream soda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about being drawn to the lilac...lilac always looks so pretty and unusual next to the other glosses that it's easy to forget that it suits practically no one when applied to the lips! I bought a great Revlon lipstick the other day - a matte in Strawberry Suede, it's gorgeous and not drying for a matte actually.x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.