Search This Blog

Thursday, 3 June 2010

HAIR DYING TIPS...STRAIGHT FROM THE HAIRDRESSERS MOUTH

This evening I finally got round to a much needed haircut...well it was basically a trim...1 inch off in fact.

I am HOPELESS with my hair, which is why you probably never really see any reviews on hair products...I generally suck with hair. Even the boy says to me "you don't like brushing your hair do you?"...

Anyway, my hairdresser is one that comes round to cut hair having worked in many reputable salons over the years. He goes to the same gym as my folks so I get a good deal ;)

As he's snipping away we were discussing hair dye (I've recently gone a few shades lighter) and he commented that it was fading.

During our chat I learnt the following tricks of the trade:

* If you know your permanent hair dye has a tendency to fade, buy the semi permanent version too and use it an hour after, or a few days after, you've dyed it to give a more intense shade that lasts weeks longer.

* Wear a hat! Was his answer to "how do I protect my hair in the heat?"...or gel for curly hair.

* Colour bath = semi-permanent hair dye mixed with deep conditioner. Good for pre holiday he said.

* Redken products rock but their styling stuff sucks

Hmmm think that was all...am so sleepy I can't think very straight!

Am off to bed :)

If anyone can recommend some neat hair tips for the summer please share...would love to know!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.