Search This Blog

Saturday, 13 March 2010

SHOCK HORROR! IT'S A THOROUGHLY GOOD CLEANSER!

Ok...I know...it's the big bad M-O...*looks sheepish*

Confused?

Let me explain.

I have always ALWAYS been put off this the Eve Lom cleanser for two BIGGIES.

1) It has mineral oil in.
For those of you who don't know, mineral oil is a by product of crude oil. It's a cheap emollient used in bog standard cheap drugstore products...and also baby oil.
Hmmm...yeah.

2) IT COSTS A FRIKKING SMALL FORTUNE!
£48 for a 100ml tub!

So...yes that was enough to put me off this product forever, until of course I strolled into Space NK on Sunday with one of my close friends who was on the hunt for some luxe goodies.
One of the products she bought was the Eve Lom cleanser and the sales assistant there kindly gave me a free sample to try myself.

Super sceptical me tried it that night...not expecting much if anything.

BUT! I really shamefully love this product! *wails*

It smells sooo good, spicy (from the cloves) and just is an absolute pleasure to use. Truly.

I was currently using Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish which I heart dearly. My only gripe with it was that it didn't really tackle my waterproof mascara as well as I wanted it to, so eye make up remover was a MUST after I cleansed.

Eve Lom makes my mascara EAT DUST! *nods*

My work colleague even said to me yesterday that my skin was looking exceptionally good.

That did it.

I was sold.

I've bought a vat of the stuff...all £48 worth *cringes at the price*

BUT...I asked for a sample when I bought it so that one of you could try it too!

First person to leave a comment gets it!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh I would love to try it :) although the whole mineral oil thing does sound a bit dodgy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetheart, you should just have bought some vaseline, and added a few drops of camphor and clove oil...

    (That is all the Eve Lom contains, allegedly, and the cost price of that £48 tub is 45p, again allegedly).

    That said, if you follow the instructions about how to use it - to the letter - then your skin will be great, as Eve Lom is unsurpassed as a facialist, and it's her technique that inspired Liz Earle when she brought out Cleanse and Polish.

    Hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Leanne tis yours! email me your address and I will put it in the post for you :)

    @GetLippie eeee I know! Still bit miffed with myself that I finally got it. BUT! My skin has definitely seen an improvement and am hoping I can make this tub last me 6 months. Fingers crossed!

    After that I might try the Organic Pharmacy carrot cleaner or the Neal's Yard Rose balm :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.