Search This Blog

Thursday, 26 February 2009

REVIEW: GOSH & BARRY M PRODUCTS


I know it's THE word for blogs like this but I need an alternative word...the word haul just doesn't sit well with me...suggestions?

SOOoo as some of you may know, I twittered about my latest lunch time raid and I am pretty impressed that I can gather my lunch and a fist full of make up in an hour...*nods*

SO what did I get?

Well...Superdrug and Boots seem to be doing some good deals at the moment with 3 for 2 on Urban Decay, Too Faced, Gosh etc...and I went down the cheap and cheerful route and got myself a few Gosh goodies.

I'm not a major fan of their stuff as I tend to make a beeline for Barry M if I want high street stuff but 3 for 2, what the heck...

First off I got myself a few of the velvet touch eyeliners...I really like these because they are so ridiculous soft like butter. I happily doodled pretty much all the colours on my hand to try and find my favourite ones COMPLETELY forgetting they were waterproof...DOH!

Rising Sun - This is a golden orangy colour...again, great for perking up that smokey eye!

Funky Violet (flat, crap and nicht so gut! The tester looked shimmery! Am guessing someone dunked it in some loose eyeshadow or something...grrr)

Green Boost - I nice pearly mint green...I love green make up so this would be fab for inner eyes to make them bright!

I also got a lip gloss, can't remember the colour, it's ok...it smells of that yellow chewing gum *scratches head* what's it called? Someone help me out? To be honest this was a desperate grab at last minute when I realised I had to dash back to work! (In case you were wondering what the 6th product was it was a lipstick my brother's gf wanted so got her a pressie!)



BUT! the absolute highlight of this buy has to be the Perfect Lift N Shape waterproof mascara!
OMGosh I was not expecting anything...ANYTHING..from this baby...the packaging looks miserable and I'm a sucker for pretty designs...BUT...no clumps, lovely volume, holds curl and I can apply 3 coats and it's all good! Could this be the uber uber of mascaras for me?

Whilst in Superdrug I also picked up the Barry M lipstick/paint in 129...I know...I caved in! Actually I picked this up last week so I don't feel quite so terrible (yeah keep telling yourself that!).
I really like this product as it's smooth and feels quite moisturising...One thing though as it's quite pastelly it might have a tendancy to highlight all the nooks and crannies of your lips...how does it compare to Mac's Lavender Whip? I have no idea! This lippy cost me £4.25 so it's already a winner for me!

I wish I could tell you that I was good and my shopping this week stopped there but I also went to Mac and I also got a delivery of some Lily Lolo products...I think I will have a part 2 to this blog else this could quite easily turn into an essay!

Until next time!

5 comments:

  1. What do u make of the gosh lip jam??

    I'm thinking of getting one (or 3!) tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm *checks to see if that's what I got*

    Aha! I did get one...the on stage kind. It's ok...I wouldn't say incredible or amazing as it's sticky and I don't like sticky glosses :P

    Colour wise it's super subtle too, I got the 106 which is a bubble gum pink. I literally just picked this on a whim but I do remember there only being about 5 colour choices and this was my fav.

    If you like glosses then 3 for 2 is definitely a goodie but I don't think there was enough colour choice for me to pick any more than this one colour.

    Hope this helps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OkOk first off... I'm glad you found one you love!! Second... Where do I find GOSH? I've seen lollipop26 mention it, but I've never seen it in the states! Third... which benefit? BadGal? Bent? BadGal waterproof? They also have this other one in a white tube I used to use...

    Juicy Fruit.

    yesterday went to Sephora and put a line of Make Up For Ever's flash color in green on my lids.
    oh. my goodness. My favorite color is green and this just made me feel green all over. Completely agree on the green makeup love. I'd wear it on my lips. As my concealer. That's how much I love green.
    Ok, maybe not in public...

    ReplyDelete
  4. agree on the "haul" term too.
    "loot and plunder" is much more fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEE sorry I should have said...I think I wrote the above comment when I was too sleepy!
    I think she's going on about the badgal mascara from what I can recall...have you ever tried it?

    Gosh products is a line of semi cheap drugstore make up...it's readily available in the UK but they also have a US website:
    http://www.goshamericas.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.