Search This Blog

Friday, 13 February 2009

REVIEW: "DARK ANGELS" "HELL'S ANGELS" CLEANSER BY LUSH (NOT IN SHOPS YET)

Very exciting blog today (well I am v excited anyway).

I went to Lush during my lunch break (horray for Westfield!) to try and get my mitts on the new cleanser called "Dark Angels" as I absolutely adore the "Angels On Bare Skin" cleaner. Unfortunately it wasn't out yet so I asked them when they were likely to get some in stock. I was told it's still in it's testing stages but I am very excited to say that I was given a sample to try! (providing I fill out a review form for them).

SOOOOOOOOO...here is my exclusive review!

First impressions is it's very black...very very black. But it's incredibly enticing as the SCENT of it is delicious! It's not too dis similiar to the scent of Coalface, a gorgeous liqourice scent...like blackjack sweets *nods*

The texture was suprising as it was much softer than I was expecting it to be, like sticking my fingers into cake, and it spreads really nicely...you mix it up with a little bit of water to form a sticky black paste and then smudge it all over your face!

It gives a really good, generous scrub...not too harsh but not too soft either...just perfect. What gives this scrub it's exfoliating properties may come as a surprise but it's actually charcoal! Finely milled charcoal which is great for mopping up excess oils so this scrub would suit oily skins. I think they are going to market it for teenagers but scratch that...It's for YOU too! I have't got my Lush Times to hand so I can't tell you the exact ingredients but will add this info soon.

The guy at the store said he had trouble washing it off but I found that it rinsed off easily and left my face feeling deliciously soft and cleansed.

I would highly recommend this product for anyone to try. I love it when I find a fab product and I am pleasantly surprised with the results this product gave!

Unfortunately I have no idea when Dark Angels will hit the stores as it's not on the website yet but I'll go pester the guy again tomorrow when I hand in my review form so fingers crossed it's soon!

5 comments:

  1. Cool blog! I love your layout, it's really clean looking...
    I was quite put off when I saw the picture of that black cleanser but...actually seems pretty cool.
    There's some super-expensive Guerlain black moisturizer that's supposed to be good.
    But like $350.
    So that's neither here nor there.

    lushlist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for the comment! Much appreciated :)
    I am just so surprised at the soft texture of this cleanser...I honestly through it was going to be like clay...hard, thick and a nightmare to spread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! And i too...am obsessed with lush and all their products. I can't stop going in there. haha doesnt help that the staff are always so friendly. They could sell me anything... :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Lush products...so so much! I love the fact they have brought back the discontinued goodies as "retro"...much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went out to get a sample of this as soon as i read this, i love this product too!

    its amazingly soft and easily spreadable.. the small beads or wateva thet are inside it kinda scratched my skin thogh :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.