Search This Blog

Monday, 9 February 2009

ROUGE LIP UPDATE...

So a few days ago I wrote a blog about how I was looking for 3 specific lipsticks and was having a NIGHTMARE at tracking them down.

To recap they were as follows:
1) Revlon Super Lustrous Black Cherry
2) Revlon Super Lustrous Cherries In The Snow
3) Mac Russian Red

See, thing is...I don't really wear lipstick. The whole check in mirror thing and touch lippy up every 10 minutes doesn't really apply to me, plus I have a much higher love for eyeshadows *nods*

But lately I have had a strange desire to go 50's red...so I did a bit of research and found that Revlon's "Cherries In The Snow" was their number one selling red lippy in the 50's. Good enough for me!

So anyway, I discovered that "Cherries In The Snow" isn't available here in the UK. RAWR! They only had a lip gloss which was a bit of a disappointment.

Anyway! Get this...I'm reading Grazia over the weekend and they have this article about "Cherry Lips"....and in the last sentence they mention "Cherries In the Snow" is making a return! HOW WEIRD??! Talk about luck in a random self indulgent way!

So yes...very very excited about that! So excited. Hopefully it will hit the shops this week? *fingers crossed*

BUT the week did end good as I finally managed to hand over 6 mac empty pots in exchange for a free Russian Red..YAY! Love freebies, especially when they are as glamorous as a rouge lip...although I have to comment that the High Street Kensington Mac Customer Service could do with an improvement. Aloofness really doesn't sit well with me.

I have to say Russian Red is a beautiful colour. It suits my oriental skin wonderfully and the matte texture goes on smoothly and smells incredible like all Mac lipsticks do. It's such a seductive colour.

I also managed to nab the Last Black Cherry at Westfield's Superdrug and they had an offer of £1.50 off...got to love a discount!
This lipstick is incredibly light, it doesn't really feel like you have a lipstick on and don't be put off by the dark near black colour of it. You can get a lovely berry stain if you apply it lightly or if you want to go full whack the colour is a wonderful deep cherry red. It also feels very moisturising. Think Femme Fatale...

Black Cherry Applied lightly:






Black Cherry full whack:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.