Search This Blog

Tuesday, 24 March 2009

HOW NOT TO APPLY MAKE UP & SCARE SOMEONE SILLY!

Tonight I've decided to tell you all a story. Don't worry, it's still about make up but it's just an experience I had with make up that I think you might find mildly amusing.

When I was in uni I was really into my punk look...pink hair, and bright bright make up was usually the order of the day, but I was also very fond of glitter.

At the time I didn't know anything about the wonders of Mac's Reflects Glitter and due to my small budget, I was quite content with pots of glitter gel which I usually got from my trips to America and visits to Claire's Accessories!

Anyway, what I would do most mornings would involve me smearing a nice layer of glitter gel on my eyelids, wait for it to dry before applying a glittery eyeshadow and eyeliner. The gel would act as my primer and the glitter in the gel would give my lids some twinkle! Well, at the time that's what I believed....

SO this was my routine and one day I stayed the night around my then boyfriend's place. At that age I was doing that thing that some girls do and sleeping with my make up on because I was self conscious...tisk it's sooo silly i KNOW! But I swear I thought they would think me a banshee or something equally hideous and run for the hills if they saw me without my face on....LORDY!

SO yes, I stayed round and the lights went off and the next thing I know he's screaming in HORROR! I mean absolute, HORROR...you could hear the FEAR in their voice and he's screaming:

"OH MY GOD! WHAT IS THAT? OH MY GOD!"

There I am thinking the worst and that Freddie Kruger is in the room and I start panicing and getting hysterical too.
I remember reaching out and trying to grab him and he's screaming and I'M screaming "What is IT!!!" before he finally blurts out:

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR EYES????!!!"

This catches me off guard and I immediately think "WTF..what's wrong with me??" and mid flurry it finally dawn's on me....

AH yes m'dears, the penny dropped and it dropped HARD.

My eyelids were glowing. Yes, I repeat, glowing. They were glowing a luminous GREEN...both frikking lids. Glowing like a green eyed monster.

The gel that I has smeared onto my eyelids that morning came from a pot of "glow in the dark" glitter gel from Claire's.
You see, I did know that the gel glowed because the pot itself looked like kryptonite in the dark, but when I applied some to my skin it didn't seem to glow so I thought it would be ok.

The next thing I know I burst into uncontrollable hysterics and I'm bawling my eyes out with sheer glee and laughter. By this time the poor boy thinks I have officially gone mad.

I think it took me a good 5 minutes before I could tell him what it was and needless to say I never wore that gel ever again!

Got a funny story to tell about make up? Share them with me and post me a comment!

3 comments:

  1. omg! that is the funniest story. the poor boy must have been so freaked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha thats hilarious! i dont really have funny stories but once my sister tried to remove nail varnish with eye makeup remover hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story!

    only story i have is about a friend ......we were hitting the town in a beat up old commodore (very young days) and my stunning friend decides to "touch up her make up" so she does in the dark without a mirror!We were always proud of re touching our make up without a mirror. We did this in clubs, bars, restaurants etc we felt this was a talent of our and often compared our make up applied without a mirror. Anyhow she applies some lip liner......arriving at our destination I notice that her lips are perfectly pencilled in BLACK!!!! this of course was hilarious to me.... she started to panic and realised that instead of using lip liner she actually used her black eyeliner! Luckily these days we have nicer cars and illuminated mirrors to apply/touch up our make up perfectly!!! LOL

    Sofia M (Australia)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.