
Bon Soir!
Yes, tonight I have decided that it was high time I write about a perfect recipe for pampering oneself in the most delightful form of which the Romans and Egyptians in particular were very fond of...which is or course the wonderful ritual of bathing oneself.
Indeed this should most ardently be a ritual.*Nods with extreme enthusiasm*
I love baths, I truly do. That's not to say I would turn down a power shower (which is about one of the few things I miss about my flat in New Zealand). But BATHS...yikes, where does one start?( yes yes, on with the recipe)
OK here are my recommendations for a ritual-tastic bath!
1)Bath products
Lush Bath Ballistic (from £2.20). These babies are packed with super ingredients like essential oils, moisturising cocoa butter yadda yadda.
My absolute favourite is "Big Blue". This turns the water BRIGHT blue with seaweed pieces that float to the bottom. You just expect to see teeny fish swimming int your bath when you throw one of these in! Plus the fizz and make everything so much fun!
I adore Neal's Yard bath oils and bath foams with my favourite being the Aromatic Foaming Bath and the Geranium and Orange Bath Oil (£11.70 each)
J'Adore the Aromatherapy Associates bath products...OMGOSH they smell DEVINE. Treat yourself to the minature bath oil set (£23.49)
Quick note: if you've got aches and pains I would recommend the Elemis Muscle Soak.
Ok bath set next we need some candles to set the scene. My baths are usually so full of fragrance as it is that I opt for tea lights in general but if you fancy a splurge may I steer you towards the AMAZING yet expensive Diptique candles. I love, love LOVE these. Particularly Pompander...think Xmas spice...delicious.
2)Cleansing Products
Liz Earle Orange Flower Botanical Body Wash (from £7.50)is a magic elixir. The scent is sooo fresh and so natural...you have to smell it to believe it.
I also really adore the soaps in Lush. I'm not usually a soap person but Figs & Leaves does it for me as does the porridge one...mmmmm!
3)Salt Scrubs
No bath is complete with salt scrubs and I would highly recommend the Origins Salt Rub (£24.47)...one of the first ones I ever used years and years ago and still a goody.
A cheaper alternative but still lovely is The Sanctuary's Salt Scrub £8.76. They also do a hot sugar polish!
An even cheaper alternative but SO SO good is Buffy the Backside Slayer from Lush £4.84. In fact...get this..yes GET THIS..it's SO good.
Generally if I've used a salt scrub I skip the moisturiser because the oils left on my skin is more than enough for me. BUT! I've included them anyway...!
3)Body Moisturisers
I heart the scent of Clarins Relaxing Body Balm...sinks in in 30secs, smells sooo wonderful and moisturises perfectly.
I also love dry body oil sprays like The Sanctuary's one and also my Nutts massage bar, The Soft Touch and King of Skin from Lush. DEVINE.
AND I could go on...but I won't...I think I shall stop there...because this will turn into a novel if I'm not careful.
Happy bathing everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.