After successfully failing the 28 day challenge (had a mental system malfunction the last two weeks), I have decided to embark on it again, and subsequently failed as tonight I was glued to Wimbledon...which is all ok as my muscles ACHE.
SO! How to remedy? What to do?
Here is my top 5 products to relieve sore tired, achy muscles!
1) ORIGINS LEG LIFT (£18 for 250ml special website offer)Yikes! Has anyone else tried this product?? It's INSANE. INSANE I TELL YOU! I first discovered this product last year and didn't think too much of it as I slathered a generous helping of this gel all over my legs. *sniff* Smells good I thought...nice and cooling too.
5 minutes later and my legs start feeling all COLD and tingly. Quite scary! It's a very unique experience and contains Menthol, Cypress, Peppermint and Cedarwood to aid tired legs.
HIGHLY recommended.
2)Liz Earle - Energising Hip & Thigh Gel (from £4.25 for 30ml)Try this for the scent alone. It's smells INCREDIBLE.
This product is more about boosting the skin's circulation and just stimulating the skin...can't say enough about this. You can purchase a 30ml travel size for £4.25 and if you go to the shop in Kings Rd they give you a freebie if you buy two travel size products...or spend a certain amount...can't remember the amount, sorry!
I really must write a proper review about Liz Earle products as I have been using them for years and love the fresh, natural and clean scent of the entire range.
3)Lush - Hot Java Bath Ballistic (£2.75)Am really quite disappointed that Lush haven't got an aching muscles ballistic anymore. You can purchase Hot Java from the Retro Lush section on their website but it would be great if they would bring out a new achy muscle product.
This ballistic is quite a spicy one with warming cinnamon and ginger to relax the muscles.
4) Lush - Sore Labours Massage Bar (£3.90)I would have opted for Wiccy Magic Muscles massage bar but they don't have it in Retro Lush *sigh*.
Sore Labours Massage Bar is basically a product you rub into your aches and pains and the essential oils get to work and help you to relax. It's quite a strong spicy scent again so bare that in mind!
5) Dead Sea Salts (£4.95)An oldie but a goodie and there's something intensely satifying about lying in a bath of salt from the dead sea. Mmmmm. You can pick a bag of Dead Sea Magik salts from Holland & Barrett or most health food stores.
Add a handful of this to your bath and jump in for a good soak. Great again for just relieving the tension in your body.
Hope this helps! Most muscle ache products will tend to include lots of spicy strong essential oils such as cinnamon and clove as the qualities of these oils are natural muscle relaxers. If the strong scent isn't your thing try the dead sea salts!
You can purchase items from the Lush Retro range here
Click here for Liz Earle website
Click here for the Origins website


i get achey muscles too! my legs always kill after doing lunges! everything else i can take but the lunges kill me every time. i always find that massaging my legs with moisturiser helps.
ReplyDeleteerugh just played wii active for over an hour and only burnt off 260 calories! Pathetic!
ReplyDeleteHave a feeling I am going to need a serious salt bath...
You missed out sleeping. I always find that works for me. Hopefully it will tonight as I just did a 5.6 km run!
ReplyDelete