
Righty ho...so I've been quite norty and not blogged for three days...*looks guilty*
You see, it's been SUNNY here in London and I've been out enjoying the sun a lot and feeling all the better for it. Of course I slapped my factor 50 all over my body (freak out if I'm not slathered in the stuff...i really HATE tanning).
Still, that's not to say I've not been thinking about new blog entries in my absence and today's topic of blogging goodness is EPILATING!
Yes, as the sun comes out, the wax and razors do but I've dearly had enough of both of them. Waxing was all good and fun but messy and tedious and I am SO over shaving...so that really lead me to the next stage.
Buying myself an epilator of course!
Boots (drugstore/chemist) currently has an offer on lots of epilators and after some research I decided to get myself the "Philips Satin Ice Preminum".
I wanted an epilator that was rechargeable. You'd be surprised but some of them are not.
I also liked Philips guarantee that they would refund you in full if you didn't like it.
So home I went with my epilator and charged the thing up ready for plucking en mass.
The one thing I have to say about this first off is it's pretty noisy.It's like it's enjoying making a scary noise to try and put you off!
As for the epilating itself...it really doesn't hurt one bit! *shakes head*
I was bracing myself for a full on assault of all pain senses but it really was quite endurable so much so that I even tried it under my arms and that too didn't hurt.
HORRAY!
The one thing I found a bit annoying was that it didn't get some areas of my legs so I had to go over the same area a few times for it to pick them up.
Maybe it's just me but I found the whole epilating experience a piece of p*ss but if you're a bit dubious, this product also comes with some ice pack thingy that helps numb your skin as you epilate.
All in all I would definitely recommend anyone who is fed up of shaving especially, to try an epilator. Results are suppose to last for up to 4 weeks and for around £42 you are saving money in the long run on waxing, especially if you visit a salon each time.
Hope this helps!


I have an epilator, and the results last about a week, which is still better than shaving, but mine hurts like hell!! xx
ReplyDeleteOo silly box said 4 weeks so will have to see how long it really does last then1 Thanks for the heads up.
ReplyDeleteMine really doesn't hurt at all, thankfully!