Search This Blog

Friday, 5 June 2009

MAC STYLE WARRIOR PURCHASES!


EEEEEEEEEEE!

Am very happy about my latest purchases! *dances*

After the rather disappointing "A Rose Romance" collection, I am very pleased to say that I did buy a few items from Style Warrior (such fabulous packaging too!)

In fact, I didn't really get the chance to take the whole collection in. I had to do a quick run to Mac for a work colleague's leaving pressie and so literally had to stick to the list.

I've had my eye on the lustre glasses since they were first mentioned to be part of this collection. I am a very big fan of liquid highlighters with a very fond love for both Beefit's Moon Beam and High Beam.

The Mac lustre glasses are quite dear for their size (£13.21 for 18ml), but it's pretty obvious a bottle is going to last me donkeys!
I had "Pink Rebel" on my list but I really wanted to try them all out before I made up my mind. Unfortunately the second contender, "Sun Rush" was missing form the display and "Bronze Hero" looked to like Donatella Versace would adore...not good. I really don't do the Tango, oh no.

So yes, one Pink Rebel please! Click here to see Temptalia's swatches


Along with that I also purchased the most amazing lipstick. It is of course "Brave New Bronze".

I've been reading really great reviews of this colour and in particular it's ability to suit most skin tones.
I don't really do the nude/neutral look, it just doesn't suit me as much as I would love that it would.
However, this adorable lipstick is perfect for me. Don't be put off by the name. With a name like "Brave New Bronze" you kind of imagine it would be similar in shade to something like "shag". But it's not.
It is in fact and wonderful "Creamy mid-tone pink nude". Just perfect! (am wearing it in the photo below. Apologies for the webcam shots, lost camera AGAIN!)


It's a Satin finish so won't highlight every crevice of your lips like some matte light lippies can which is another brownie point awarded.

I can see myself wearing this on a daily basis, so much so that I might have to get a reserve I love it THAT much. Still, it will give my Bare Slimshine a break before it hits pan.

Another thing worth noting about this lipstick is that it's a wonderful flattering colour that would compliment any shade of eyeshadow you decide to go for. I have smokey eyes on today and it's working very well alongside them. A very good combo me thinks!

It's very rare for me to find a nude lippy that I can actually wear. They always seem so false and so "porn star".
This one? It's a beautiful, natural, and oh-so-flattering shade that you won't see any perspex platforms in sight...x

Click here to view full Style Warrior collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.