I searched high and low for this product, so eager was I to get my hands on it. I think in total I visited about 8 different Boots stores to absolutely no avail. It was all sold out.
Thankfully the lovely Boots PR folk were kind enough to send me one and I can tell you all it was definitely worth the wait!
The product I am about to rave about is the No7 Smoky Eyeliner.
If you want to achieve a nice soft and smoky look with your eyeliner without the effort of blend blend blend, then this product is just PERFECT.
With the appearance of an ink well liner, the formula inside is in fact a super fine powder which you apply with the small unassuming sponge applicator. But this applicator is fab!
It grabs the powder with ease and there is very minimal fall out upon application which was a pleasant surprise. I tend to generally find that loose powder eyeliners are incredibly messy so was mighty impressed that this one wasn't.
The formula itself is a lovely highly pigmented soft black and blends like butter. It's only available in the one shade but I really hope Boots decide to make this a permanent addition to the No7 range as I would love to see this available in navy, plum, brown and a deep intense inky noir!
When it comes to application I find I get the best results when I apply the liner as close to the lash line as possible, smudging it with the applicator to make sure it really fills in the gaps between my lashes. You might also need to use your pinky to help smudge the lower lash line and soften it further :)
Check out the photo below to see the results:
If you can get your hands on this product do so!It's ease of use has made this a staple in my travel make-up bag.
If you're reading Boots...please please make this part of your permanent line. Without a double the best No7 product I have tried so far :)
Search This Blog
Friday, 8 October 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I managed to buy two of these! I love it, I hope Boots do bring out other colours.
ReplyDeleteI love the applicator on this - it's rather soft and doesn't scratch around the eye.
ReplyDeleteAgree that this should be a permanent product.
I love this...and I have one of those £5 off vouchers as well!! Whoopee!! I so know what I'm using it on now. Just hope I can track this product down! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the colour you're wearing on your cheeks in the pics as well...what is it??
xxx
I got this the day it came out and was not impressed at all! Maybe I'm too used to the crisp line of a liquid liner but I can't make it work :( x
ReplyDelete@ MS.wedgie it's Sleek Makeup blusher in "Flamingo" topped with a bit of Mac's stereo rose :)
ReplyDeleteFlamingo looks a bit scary inthe pan but I really like it if applied super lightly!
@bobatiebeauty I use primer potion first and then use the liner right close to the lashes to give a bit of depth. I love liquid eyeliner the best but this is a nice hange once in a while :)
ReplyDelete