Search This Blog

Sunday, 6 February 2011

NOTD: CHANEL BLACK PEARL NAIL POLISH SWATCH

I've been meaning to post this NOTD since last week but given the virus of DOOM it hasn't happened till now...

Considering I don't usually favour metallics I am quite fond of this colour. I wouldn't say it's one of Chanel's "IT" nail polishes but it's a nice sophisticated gun metal with a lovely green hue.

Check it out:


 
Can anyone recommend any dupes of this shade? Would love to know :)

11 comments:

  1. this is a really pretty shade! :) sorry i do not know if there are any dupes but it really looks lovely on your nails. ^o^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sold on this polish. Especially not with its price tag. Models Own Gun Metal Grey is a decent dupe, it hasn't got any of the green tone to it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely agree with Kelsey above me, Models OwnGun Greay gave me the exact impression that it was a dupe of Chanel's Black Pearl but I had them at the same time on my nails (I could test the Chanel one, but I don't have it, I am not so much a Chanel girl ;) ) and of course they're quite different because the Models Own polish doesn't have this green tone... I wondered if someone had ever tried a franken with it though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen anything like it! It's gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a lovely color <3 i love the name black pearl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorg shade! There is a Barry M dupe - but unfortunately my husband recycled the Grazia with the info before I wrote it down! I imagine it should be easy enough to spot- and cheap enough to enjoy without being in lust. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah it's not really a Chanel IT shade but I've had a lot of compliments since wearing it. Having said that it's frikking chipped quite a bit. I usually get a good week out of my manicure so this is a bit of a let down :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. a few dupes might be
    Sally Hansen Black Platinum
    Essie Over the Top
    China Glaze’s Awaken
    Revlon Steel Her Heart
    NARS Full Metal Jacket

    If I can get my hands on black pearl I'll put some swatches up :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure of any dupes, but it's got to be said regardless that this shade is out of this world STUNNING. Well, at least I'm officially addicted anyway :)

    Love Britt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to know about any dupes, as Chanel is expensive. Beautiful color :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. topshop's poison ivy i've got its pretty close it think :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.