Britney Spears new music video seems to have caused quite a stir. It's not because of any raunchy oiled up nakedness, crotch thrusting dance moves, or seemingly sexy school girl costumes...it's the product placement.
Being a curious bee; I decided to check it out today and was surprised to see one of the main products was for the brand Make-Up Forever.
Check out the screen shots below:
The other beauty product on show was Britney's new fragrance, Brilliance:
You can watch the music video here:
The product placement for the above products is so ridiculously blatant. I'd rather have seen a dressing table littered with products than a full screen MAKE UP FOREVER, but meh, that's just me.
What do you think of all these product placements? Do they annoy you?
Am curious to know what everyones thoughts are on this, does it make you want to actually buy the product or does it put you off? Leave a comment and let me know!







Yeah, I do believe it was kind of a cheap move to do it, it didn't look like Britney's videos at all or rather, like any decent artist music video with all that advertisement to Sony and Makeup Forever and stuff
ReplyDeleteI'm quite benign about it all - there's so many endorsement deals that it's automatic reaction to take everything with a pinch of salt.
ReplyDeleteAfter all, George Clooney and Julia Roberts were paid upwards of a $1 million for that coffe commercial.
I just hope Britney was paid enough by MUFA to cover the backlash of the product placement!
http://shimmerdreamz.blogspot.com/
Cassie x
I never paid that much attention to the video so product placement really doesn't faze me in any kind of way. So what if they blatently advertise a brand... It doesn't make me want or not want a product any more.
ReplyDeletexxx
I'm not too bothered about product placement. If it's really blatant and kind of ridiculous I might laugh a bit :P Ultimately, people are buying music less and less, aren't they? Product placement is a good way to make a little bit of extra cash from that music video or whatever.
ReplyDeleteYeah i dont mind if its subtle but its a bit to obvious in her video!! It seriously makes me not wanna buy the products lol.
ReplyDeleteShe probably gets pay to have makeup forever to be in it and plus that perfume is her own brand of course she wants to get it out there! @@
ReplyDeleteWell, I did noticed it and yes, it kinda makes me sad. But wel,, I guess we live in a product placement world. The thing is not new, I guess it's just that before it was done more subtly...
ReplyDeleteBut if you remember a couples of years ago, she did a Pepsi commercial with Pink, Beyonce and Enrique Iglesias, We will Rock You, that is hard almost to define wether it's a music video or a commercial.
And the video for Circus is the same, focusing on her perfumes, and also Bulgari!
In a way, she makes me think of Jordan /Katie Price, queen of product placements.
It doesn't effect me in any way whatsoever but I would say it did slightly 'ruin' the video.
ReplyDeleteAlthough, whenever I see MAC in Eve's Tamborine video I can't help but smile haha! x