Search This Blog

Tuesday, 19 May 2009

BATTLE WITH BLEMISHES part deux


ARGHHHHH! *throws hands in air*

Whilst THE big blemish of weekend DOOM's plans were foiled...I have yet to kill off it's spawn.

What is she babbling on about?

My skin of course.

It's still looking dire...well ok maybe that's a bit unfair. It's looking a HELL of a lot better than a few weeks ago, but it has yet to get back to normal. I might have to cave in a purchase a DayWear as I swear I should never ever have changed moisturiser (and she has yet to use her Creme De La Mer).

Crap.

SO in my persuit to purge my skin free of all things grim... have invested in Lush's "Grease Lightning" spot zapper gel.

I'm not keen on using harsh chemicals like salicylic acid on my skin, let alone my face, so this natural remedy is right up my street.

Quick inspection of the ingredients tells me this should be a goodie. Packed full of anti bactierial soldiers such as tea tree and witch hazel, combined with redness soothing nurses like aloe vera and lavender...I can't see this concoction not working.

*fingers crossed anyway*

I shall report back in a week's time on this one. Should give it long enough to show some results!

(apologies for the photo reversing the text btw, stupid photo booth!)

OH and one last thing...you may have noticed a little bear to the right of this entry *points*
He's a little music player with a few of my favourite tracks at the moment. I thought it would be a little fun element to the blog although he's currently not working as they are doing maintenance on the wretched site. *sigh* Technology eh? :P

4 comments:

  1. I hope it works for you! another good one is the liz earle on the spot stick. it contains lemon balm (melissa oil). my only problem with it is that it is essential oils and smells so strong! I dont really like things that smell really strongly for a long time. I like a nice smell when you use them but it smells so strongly for hours!

    I like grease lightning! but sometimes the bottle pump flies the contains out but do love it! I have the worst oily/combi acne skin ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh but my favourite remedy ever for on the spot spots is just calendula herbal tincture you can buy anyway like health food places etc. it dries them out and is pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Liz Earle products! I especially love the scent of her superbalm concentrate and also the body gel...delicious!

    I've only been using Grease Lightning for a few days and so far it's feeling good. I think it was reasonably priced too so that's a goody!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all of them are so much better than awful spot remedies by brands which just dry your skin out with their awfulness and 100% synthetic! :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.