Search This Blog

Thursday, 21 May 2009

REVIEW: CLYNOL POWDER PUNCH


Good evening everyone! Apologies for the missing blog entry last night. I was away from my laptop for the evening and the weather wasn't too bad for once!

Anyway...tonight's review is a hair product! I KNOW! I should do more!
As you may know, hair has been at the forefront of this year's beauty challenge. I am investing in decent hair products, brushes etc in a bid to get my hair looking in better shape, and you know what? I actually have had quite a few people tell me my hair is super shiny and in great condition! WOOOO!

I was recently sent a hair product to try, and as I very rarely use a styling product, I must admit I was curious.

The product in question is Clynol's Powder Punch.

It comes in a nifty little purple tin which you shake to get out the product...which is in fact; a powder. Curiouser and curiouser....

My hair is uber long. It's half way down my back, so I wasn't sure what kind of impact a product like this would have.
What you're suppose to do is tip a small amount into your palm, rub them together to get it going, and then apply to your hair.
I tipped my head upside down and really went to works on my roots. Turned head back up the right way and WOW! Seriously root lift! I was quite surprised and pretty impressed. To be honest, I didn't think this product would have much of an effect so the result was pretty decent given my hair was in limp mode.

My only downer about this product is the price. At just over £10 it's quite pricey. I also found that it dried my hands a bit after use but that's no biggy. Slap some moisturiser one and we're good to go!

The end result for me was plenty of root lift and a matte finish. Don't expect any shine from this product, which I think is a good thing as it's perfect for "next day hair".

I also found it was really good for holding an up do.

All in all, I think this is the product I will turn to if I want a structured, but oh-so-stylishly messy do! *nods*

1 comment:

  1. before I read the blog post and just saw the title I thought it was finishing make up powder! never heard of it before but you know what sometimes I like big hair sometimes!

    I would buy it just to use sometimes for fun! does the powder leave anything in the hair like change the colour or anything?

    might go buy it if I see it around :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.