Search This Blog

Tuesday, 5 May 2009

REVIEW: REVLON MATTE LIPSTICK


Whilst doing my weekly check for "Cherries In The Snow", I found myself reaching out for the new Revlon Matte lippies...
I'm not a big lipstick wearer (honest!)...with the only lippies I wear the most being my red mac lipsticks, my beloved mac "bare" slimshine and erm, well that's it I guess.

So after swatching all the colours available, I settled on the colour "Pink Pout". Not usually a shade I would go for but the deep reds were just sooo brown and wrong for me. I liked the girly, feminine colour of "pink pout"...tres cute.

Usually I buy a lipstick, I try it, and I never wear it. It retires to the drawer of lipsticks...swimming amongst the likes of "Spanish Fly" and other ancient Mac lipsticks.

But THIS one is definitely a "regular". Oh yes! I love it. It's perfect for the warmer weather, fab for summer. It's cute, it's girly, it's wonderfully flirty and it doesn't feel like you have it on.

I also love it because unlike some matte lipsticks, this one doesn't settle into all the crevices of your lips making them all the more obvious. It just...blends in.

It's a very wearable shade and would look fab teamed up with some liquid liner eyes *nods*

Revlon, you are back in my good books...now if we could just have Cherries In The Snow.....

4 comments:

  1. What's cherries in the snow? Eee, can't wait to purchase this lippy :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment :)

    It's this lipstick I have been chasing for an AGE!

    Apparently it was THE shade during the World War and Revlon are re-releasing it. As I loev my reds I have been an eager beaver for this shade and it keeps getting featured in magazines since NOVEMBER but it's yet to hit the shelves.

    I hope it lives up to the high expectation I have smothered it in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you still have the Spanish Fly and a paypal account, I'd like to buy it from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I just found out your page and I loved it because I am a fanatic of red lipstick preferebly matte. Thanks you for your research.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.