Search This Blog

Wednesday, 13 May 2009

REVIEW: REVLON'S CHERRIES IN THE SNOW! (AT LAST!)


EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I am so so excited to write this blog as it's all about the elusive Revlon lipstick that I have been harping on about since the beginning of the year...Revlon's cult classic "Cherries in the Snow".

Any of you who have been reading my blog entries since the beginning, and also my Twitter entries (!), will know that I have been hunting this lippy down for FOREVER.

It all started when I was doing some research into classic red lipsticks. I wanted to find a genuine wartime red and through a lot of Googling; discovered that Revlon's number one selling lipstick during the wartime was called "Cherries in the Snow".
So off me and my heart set to the nearest chemist/drugstore to locate this beauty.

But it wasn't there.
In fact it wasn't in stock because over here in the UK, they no longer sold it.

THEN, (and you know you've got a make up addiction when you think it's fate!)...there I am reading Grazia and a little article mentions that Cherries is making a return to our shelves.

WOOO HOOOO!

Now I won't go into how many times I've dragged my long suffering work colleague into Boots and Superdrug every week till now to find this lippy...but you get the picture. What was worse than the disappointment of nothing changing was more and more articles banging on about the return of Cherries.

WHERE THE HELL IS IT THEN? Was a question that cropped up in my head time and time again.

All that has changed as today I am over the moon to tell you that I GOT IT and it's everything I thought it would be!


Lightweight, fab feel on the lips, moisturising (oh so moisturising!), wonderfully pigmented and suiting my skin tone perfectly.
* please note the photos were taken with my mac cam...the borrowers have taken my digital camera again so the images do not do this product justice!



It has a hint of pink in it so it's a gorgeous shade for the summer, and it's matte which I shall award extra brownie points for.

I HEART it so so much.

It's a wondefully classic feminine red/pink and as soon as it's on your lips it's instant GLAM.

*happy sigh*

Funny how a a little lipstick can make you feel so content...

4 comments:

  1. yay!!! looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked this up last week and I have to say I love it! It's actually my first true red lipstick and I did feel a bit self concious at first but by the end of the night I was won over! I actually got a couple of compliments which is always nice! Thanks for recommending this, I would never have picked it up otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really interested in this lipstick but is it pink or red? On Gucci Westman's video, it's red but in others, it looks pink :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Posting this waaaaay after entry, but I've been looking for this for over a year and finally got my hands on it. Everytime I went into superdrug or boots they had the tester, but it was always out of stock...today I found the lone one in apart from the tester. It's a little more pink than red on me, but I love it. I have a few red reds anyway so it made a nice change.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.