Search This Blog

Monday, 4 May 2009

TUTORIAL (of sorts):FAKING A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP

Maybe "tutorial" is the wrong word...I guess this is more hints and tips so to speak, but I am in a mad dash and have the tedious task of curling my hair (that is IF i can ever untangle my hairdryer first!)

RAWR!

Anyway...!

I haven't been getting the best nights sleep for the last few days so it's times like these when "faking it" is the way forward!

My top tips for faking a good night's sleep are as follows:

1) EXFOLIATE
A good scrub to remove all the dead skin cells will do your complexion wonders. I reach for those "diy micro-dermabrasion" scrubs for the sleep deprived days.

2) CLARINS BEAUTY FLASH BALM
This life saver got me through my student years and continues to be a goodie.
It's basically a wonderful pick-me-up for the skin and you slather this cooling cream all over your face before you apply your make up "to cover the imperfections of the skin and tighten the features".



3) HIGHLIGHTER
I love love love benefit's Moonbeam. It gives a lovely natural glow to the skin and just perks the skin up perfectly! I've taken a quick photo showing you where I apply my highlighter...obviously blend it all in afterwards!



4) BRIGHTEN THEM EYES!
Applying a hightlighter eyeshadow to the inner corners of your eyes really brightens them up. I use a pencil brush (check old post on brushes to see what it looks like!) and dip it in a shimmery colour like the Vanilla Pigment by Mac in a backwards "c" shape to give my eyes some dazzle.

5) LINE YOUR LOWER EYE
We've all heard about how white eyeliner can help make your eyes bigger. It also makes them more awake! Apply this to your lower eye (inner rim) for some sparkle.
Alternatively I am adoring the Gosh Velvet Touch Eye Liner in "Banana" for this. Thanks to Lollipop26 for the heads up!

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.