Search This Blog

Sunday, 9 August 2009

FAVOURITE RED LIPSTICKS...*pouts*


Left to Right: Mac Russian Red, Mac Red, Mac So Scarlet (ltd ed), Revlon Cherries In The Snow, Christian Dior Rouge Bingo and B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful Boudoir.

Red Lipsticks....trying to find the perfect one can be an absolute nightmare. In fact, I never use to wear red lippy because of this but the last few years I have slowly but surely found my favourites.

Check out the above. First off, I love Russian Red but I can't say it's my absolute favourite as I find it quite a drying lipstick and this grates me a bit.

My HG of red lipsticks has to be MAC red. It's perfect in every way. Glides on, stays pretty much put and feels light on the lips. I've noticed the Rouge Bingo I bought last week is very similar but the consistency is quite glossy so it tends to bleed and reapplying is a MUST. See swatches below:
So Scarlet use to be my HG as it's a wonderful vampy, smexy red that's perfect to take into Autumn. I say "use" to be as it's limited edition so breaking up this love affair had to happen sooner than later and replacing it with a constant seemed only fair!

Although technically not a red RED, I've included Cherries In The Snow as everytime I wear this shade I get compliments, both from boys and girls. It's an extremely flattering and glamorous colour and stays put for a long time. I heart this lipstick so so much!

Which brings me to "Boudoir". This is from the Lush cosmetics brand "B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful". I bought this shade because it looked so stunning on all the assistants in the store but in reality it is very drying. VERY. Mix it up with some lip balm to get it going. Smells of roses though which is very yummy! I've included this, but not sure if I would recommend it...*ponders* It's just the negatives is that it's expensive and also goes off in a short space of time. Natural products for ya!

Whoa...lot's of text to read tonight.Hope it wasn't too much! I'll write about my favourite red lip glosses next time me thinks.

In the meantime have a lovely Sunday! x


6 comments:

  1. i love MAC russian red and my shiseido RD 514...but i am still looking for a darker red...because somehow they all look really light and a little to bright in photos...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post... except now I feel the need to spend money! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try Cherries in the Snow. I hope it will suit me. Also considering going to a MAC counter and seeing what they recommend in terms of red lipsticks. What do you think? What kind of skin tone etc do you think Cherries in the Snow is suitable for? :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Winterblossom,

    I think the best way to see what suits you is to see them in the flesh. I'd definitely recommend going to a Mac counter as they can try colours on you before you make a purchase. Just don't feel like you have to go with their suggestions. If it feels right and makes you happy get it!

    As for Cherries In The Snow, I think this would compliment most skin tones. When I was researching the best red lippy and AGE ago I read somewhere that this was the no1 best selling wartime red so it's got to be a goodie! Again best to see it in the flesh first and do a swatch :)

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lola - if you can get your mitts on "So Scarlet" I'd definitely recommend it. It's a lovely deep red that I wish wasn't limited edition :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loveaudrey - thanks so much, you must let me know what you get!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.