
See, I'm a girly who likes her nude lipsticks to be "natural". I want a nice lip colour that will compliment any eyeshadow I decide to paint my lids with. Something unobtrusive, something neutral but above all NATURAL.
My skin tone doesn't suit the likes of Barry M's 101 or the Gosh Darling lipstick. I look like I've slapped on maximum block sunscreen on my lips and am about to hit the slopes *nods*.
SO I was very excited when I got my mitts on a few Clarins lipsticks to try and one in particular stood out and has taken pride of place in my Mulberry Roxanne.
I heart Clarin's Joli Rouge in "Simply Nude".
What I love about this lipstick is that it's incredibly flattering. It is exactly what a nude lipstick (in my humble opinion) should be. It's a subtle sheer wash of colour but has enough pigment to block out the natural pink of my lips. It's not imposing and it doesn't scream faux nude. It beams "natural"!
I also love the consistency of this lippy as it is so smooth and glossy. It feels wonderfully moisturising and I can apply it without the hassle of lip lining first! Splendid!
Below photos show my natural lip colour, and then with "simply nude".


Yep...told you it was subtle and I like it :)
If nude lipsticks usually = "porn star on ski slope", give this lippy a try for sheer subtle loveliness!
Click here for more Joli Rouge shades


love it!!!
ReplyDelete