Search This Blog

Wednesday, 26 August 2009

PURPLE REIGNS...DEVILISHLY VAMPY! (a teeny tiny Revlon haul)

So during my lunchbreak Superdrug beckoned to me and of course I was only happy to oblige.

I like my little lunch time make up circuit. My work colleague I swear must think me mad as we frequent the same stores far too often every SINGLE WEEK!

All that aside today my make up radar honed in on the new Revlon collection and it's PURPLE!

*punches air*

They have added a few new lippies to the Super Lustrous range and I picked up "Va Va Violet" and "Sultry Sable".

Both are incredibly vampy and I don't think I would recommend either of these shades to anyone with small lips...dark colours have a tendency to make lips look smaller than normal. Check out the photos below:

Va Va Violet:


Sultry Sable:

I think i prefer Va Va Violet out of the two, but either of them make me look like a vamp...not that I am complaining mind...*twinkle in eyes*

Lastly I also bought this beautiful deep purple nail polish called "Plum Night". Photo doesn't do it justice but it is a very deep, dark, damn near black shade.

But it's not black :P
It's just that little bit classier than black.
The best way I can describe it is like this...if the fang bangers in Fantasia wear black nail polish, then the true vampires would wear this *nods*.


Geez I am getting slightly True Blood OBSESSED...*pulls face*

And on that note I shall finish here and retire to my Sookie Stackhouse novels for the rest of the evening ;)

6 comments:

  1. Oh I really like the look of Va Va Violet and the nail polish! Am definately going to have check these out tomorrow!!
    I have finished reading all the Sookie Stackhouse books now, the next one isn't out till next year so I need to find a new series of books to get stuck in to!!
    Are you going to the Illamasqua london event? It's my first blogger event so I am really excited!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore vava violet on you. It looks like a very nice sultry lippie. Dark and mysterious :D I love the nail polish also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nail polish looks amazing. The lipsticks look fab but there is no way i could ever pull it off!! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. When is the Passion Fusion collection expected to be out in stores here in the US? I've been looking for it everywhere. Do you know the other lip/eye colors in this collection? Please help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey anon!

    I'm afraid I don't really know when this new release hits US stores :(

    But with regards to other products in this collection, I think there was another lippy and an eyeshadow quad. I'll pop into a drugstore tomorrow and find out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just bought Revlon Plum Night nail polish in a Real Cdn Superstore in northern BC and googled it out of curiosity. Believe it or not, yours is the only site I can find that talks about this gorgeous colour! I agree wholeheartedly with your description - a little classier than black.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.