Search This Blog

Thursday, 20 August 2009

A METAL MASCARA WAND? It's got to be vintage!

Day off work = rooting through my mum's make up stash *grins*

She has a tendency to horde things and her dressing table is loaded with lipsticks, perfumes...*happy sigh* I have very fond memories of myself as a child and testing everything I could get my little hands on.

So yes, I had a little root through, mostly as I was curious if she had any Diorific lippies I could pinch (bingo I found two and one a red no less!)...but I was also fascinated at all the ancient lipsticks she had. The packaging is what got me, check out the old Dior and Clinique for example:


But then I came across something more fascinating. I mean TRULY facinating! My mum showed me one of her old mascaras from wayyyyy back in the day which she kept as she adored the packaging so much.

Now check out the WAND on this:

It's CRAZY! A metal mascara wand! Blown away by this I am *nods*.

The brand that made this is Helena Rubinstein and the mascara is called "Long Lash". Am sorely tempted to give the wand a major antibacterial clean and test it out on one of my mascaras.

Shall I? Shall I?

Course I am going to.

FAR too curious I am ;)

UPDATE: Checked the HR website out and you're right Patricia, they are selling this product! So strange that absolutely nothing has changed about this product after all these years.
Click here to visit the HR website

8 comments:

  1. wow that is so awesome!

    need pics of how it worked! im amazed to find out :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. seen that mascara before, didn't they relaunch it not long ago?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWWWW i'm so excited for you to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, its like finding treasure! ahah Try it Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh that thing is bizarre! I love pretty old things :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia you're right! Just checked the HR website and they have it there! Can't wait to tell my mum as it's still the same design after all these years!

    http://www.helenarubinstein.com/_int/_en/catalog/product.aspx?prdcode=045013&CategoryCode=AXE_Makeup^F1_Mascara&

    ReplyDelete
  7. whooooah that is a funky looking wand!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm of the age when I remember these wands. I have
    been waiting for years for it to make a turn-about!
    AT LAST! This type of wand doesn't clump or flake,
    smashing. HR here I come!!!
    Doreen from England.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.