Good evening fellow beauty addicts! Tonight I thought I would do another "Beauty Heaven & Hell (basically Ins & Outs!) part deux!
I really like reading what everyone's ins and outs are so I hope you enjoy mine :)
BEAUTY HEAVEN
1) Zoom Nail Food
OMGosh I am loving the Nail Food system! I'm still painting my way through Nail Eat (which is for strengthening nails) and it's definitely made them much stronger and resistant to breaks. HORRAY!
2) Barry M Natural Dazzle
I don't do bronzers usually...BUT! I bought this after watching a Misschevious YT video and have to say I really really love this bronzer. Really good for the mornings to perk oneself up!
3) Bourjois Glass nail file
My first glass nail file was unbearable to use. Think scratching finger nails down blackboard...horrific.
This one however, is a pleasure to use plus its pink and only cost a few pounds :)
4) Mac eyeshadow in "star violet"
I bought this years ago and have just started to wear it again. Bought if after seeing a MUA wearing it. She first covered her eyelids in black Kohl before patting this shadow on. The effect is really sultry. Perfect for Autumn!
5) Liz Earle skin care products
Still raving about this! I really can't get over how quickly Cleanse & Polish sorted my skin out! Incredible.
Now for the not so angelic...funny enough not really much product bashing (ok just a few!).
BEAUTY HELL
1) Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser
Everything about this cleanser is wrong. It doesn't cleanse effectively, it has no smell and the packaging sucks BIG TIME.
2) Chipped nail polish
Oh this really grates, this really grates proper. I like my nails to be immaculate and the teensy tiniest chip irritates me immensely.
3) Mac collections
I hate to say it but I am just not inspired by any of the new collections Mac have brought out. I mean, take the new polishes for example, they are nothing spectacular. This is MAC...experimental colour crazies! Well, least that's what I use to think. Really hoping Style Black is a FAB one!
4) Blemishes
Oh gosh these are so depressing are they not? My forehead seems to be harbouring more than I am comfortable with. BUT!I've got the pesky little terrors shrinking mighty fine with Spot On ;)
5) Lack of Beauty Sleep
I am increasingly lacking sleep during the week and despite the best make up brands and HG products...nothing is going to do a better job than a decent nights sleep! (she says as she looks at the clock...by eck and I still need to get a good hours worth of Sookie Stackhouse reading!).
Search This Blog
Thursday, 3 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


i love the natural dazzle compact...amazing product...xoxo
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteWhat is 'Spot on'? I have Oxy's 'on the spot' is it similar? I am doing a 30 day skin challeng at the moment and blogging about it- in an effort to clear up my skin (and not wriggle out on it because I have everyone watching!)
I'm trying to find out what products work, and how. Some 'seem' to work but actually only superficially and actually damage the skin :( All advice is greatlfully recieved.
Feel free to pop by and sy hi sometime!
Hey! Spot On is by Liz Earle (sorry should have said!)
ReplyDeleteIt's natural essential oils of tea tree, melissa and lavender. I use to use Oxy when I was teenager but found that the acids in it were extremely drying.
Spot On seems to shrink my blemishes overnight :)
I bought the Barry M Natural Dazzle recently, only for the NARS-esque packaging to be honest! It's a bit muddy on my skin as a bronzer so I've been using it for contouring.
ReplyDeleteThanks for explaining, I stopped using one Oxy product when i was a teenager because it bleached fabrics (scary!) I'll look into that product though as it sounds promising!
ReplyDeleteThanks
:)