Search This Blog

Tuesday, 8 September 2009

DIY: BAKING SODA SCRUB


So yesterday was tea bags and tonight it's baking soda!

If I had planned this better (or in fact actually MADE a plan!) I would have done a themed "DIY" week *ponders what she can write for the rest of the week*...Hmmmm!

Anyway, I spent the evening round my friend Damaris' flat and she showed me her favourite beauty products and also told me a few of her beauty tips.

Seriously, this girl's bathroom had a small resemblance to a kitchen as amongst the Creme De La Mer was also Olive Oil, Vitamin E capsules and Baking Soda.

See I haven't even done the aspirin face mask let alone dabble with baking soda but Damaris made me dip my fingers into her pot of baking soda, mix it with water to form a paste and then scrub the back of my hand for a few seconds before washing off.

Results? Whoa! The difference between my left and and my right hand was crazy. I didn't even think that the soda was particularly abrasive but the results spoke for themselves.

I've since got home and tried it as a face scrub. Fingers crossed my skin doesn't break out over night. I'll keep you posted on this one!

5 comments:

  1. I love the baking soda scrub. I mix it in with my cleanser. It's a really cheap and amazing scrub and probably one of the best beauty tips that I have picked up so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exactly does the baking soda do? I'd imagine it probably cleanses deep down and maybe even has a brightening effect? Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out and blog about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hun the my tag is finally up where i tagged you for an award! Sorry i had complications uploading it & it took a while, sorry :D x
    www.cosmeticmile-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mix a bit of baking soda with water and scrub the back of one hand for a few seconds. Wash off and now compare the difference with the other hand...sooooo freakily good!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated...fire away! I shall adore you dearly.