Tonight I must have a little rant. Seriously, I really must.
I've just been to Selfridges, meandering round the make up counters, and I couldn't help but notice a few girls hovered round the Mac counter applying a full face of make up on. Lipsticks, mascara, eyeliners, you name it, they tried it, and my whole self just shuddered.
In my head I just couldn't help but think of the hundreds of people who had passed through that counter, doing the same thing, and when you're jabbing a kohl pencil to line your waterline, conjuntivitis should be the first thing that springs to mind.
Then you have lipstick = coldsores.
Heck if I wanted to go the whole hog can I throw in Swine flu too?
I don't want to sound like a complete and utter clean freak but seriously, whats wrong with just testing on the back of the hand?
What about oh I dunno...buying your own make up and applying slap on in the girls loos?
I'm sorry but you will never catch me applying a tester lipstick to my lips. No sir. You can keep your lurgies to yourself!
What does everyone think about this? Be interesting to hear your stories too. I like stories I do ;)
Search This Blog
Saturday, 12 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ugh, I totally agree! I was at a makeup counter and this woman was looking at some lipsticks and had her back turned to her toddler. The kid the reached out of the cart, grabs some lipstick, puts it in his mouth, and then sticks it back on the rack (more like threw it on the counter). When the mom turned around, she saw her little man had lipstick on his face, wiped it off and kept moving. The thought of that slobber covered lipstick makes me gag.
ReplyDeleteGahh, I know what you mean. Today a girl was trying a lipstick on so I ran over to her & was like ..."if you want to try lipsticks on I'll sanitize it for you first!!"
ReplyDeleteI know! Makeup counters should put notices up asking you to test products on backs of hands only.
ReplyDelete@PeachykeenCheeks How do you sanitize makeup?
Thanks
This has made me feel a bit sick- who would honestly want to do this?
ReplyDeletexx
that is actually hideous. i would never put anything that is already open on my skin unless a sales assistant has sanitized it first! it's just gross how low girls go x
ReplyDeleteIt is simply disgusting! And also very dangerous. Counters samples are full of germs, it is ust obvious, but some people just do not care!
ReplyDelete